Chapter 124

Before Qin Yun and Lian Xue went to sleep that night, they reassured Li Xiao once again. After Li Xiao fell asleep first, they also prepared to go to bed.

Lian Xue said, "Qin Yun, shall I sleep on the outer side?"

The outer side, closer to the door, is considered less safe in case of any danger.

However, Qin Yun replied, "I'll sleep on the outside."

Without waiting for Lian Xue to say more, she took the initiative to sleep on the outer side. Qin Yun, feeling guilty, dared not look at Lian Xue, and during sleep, she couldn't rest too deeply. Subconsciously, she remembered that she had to find Du Ge in the middle of the night.

Du Ge had invited her to meet in the evening, mentioning that there was something to discuss. She wasn't sure what it was.

Qin Yun had pursued Du Ge for two years. Before Du Ge, she had had many boyfriends, but her tendency to become more obsessed when faced with indifference made her more interested in Du Ge. However, seeing the owner of the villa for a brief moment had captivated her. Initially, she had some favorable impressions of the owner, but now, suspicions arose, and her thoughts returned to Du Ge.

She eagerly anticipated tonight's meeting with Du Ge. However, despite reminding herself to find Du Ge at night, she unknowingly fell into a deep sleep.

In the middle of the night, Qin Yun suddenly heard strange "creaking" sounds from under the bed.

Initially reluctant to pay attention, the noise grew louder. Frowning, Qin Yun opened her eyes to complete darkness in the room.

The sound under the bed persisted, seeming to come directly from beneath her. It resembled the movement of a living creature under the bed. The drowsiness vanished, and Qin Yun quickly turned to wake up Lian Xue and Li Xiao.

"Lian Xue, Li Xiao, wake up! There seems to be something dirty in our room..."

Qin Yun pushed Lian Xue and Li Xiao several times, but they slept deeply, showing no response. Increasingly desperate, Qin Yun shook them harder, her wrists aching. Suddenly realizing something was wrong, she lowered her head, trying to scrutinize their faces. As she got closer, she saw the pale, almost lifeless complexion of Lian Xue and Li Xiao, resembling corpses!

Breath caught, Qin Yun stepped back, shivering against the bedhead. The sounds under the bed grew louder, and vibrations suggested the bed board was being lifted. Covering her ears and closing her eyes, clutching the talismans on her, she muttered, "I can't see anything. I can't see anything..."

Suddenly, someone pressed down on her hair, causing pain. Fear mixed with the pain, and in a moment of emotional breakdown, Qin Yun shouted, "Lian Xue, Li Xiao, stop pulling my hair!"

But the next moment, she froze.

Lian Xue and Li Xiao were still asleep. Who was pulling her hair?

Swallowing hard, she turned her head and saw a pair of bloody severed hands standing beside her, pressing on her hair.

"Ahh!"

Qin Yun screamed, fell off the bed, and in the process, she saw what was under the bed.

Under the cluttered bed, a head with mud stains and two legs crawled. Sensing Qin Yun's movements, the head and legs turned toward her. The head, with an expression of fear or resentment, stared at Qin Yun with its whitened eyes, sending shivers down her spine.

It was the head from the anecdote.

Terrified, Qin Yun, propping herself up on the ground, hastily got up and ran outside.