Chapter 152

Early the next day, Ji Yaotzi saw Jiang Luo already sitting in the restaurant, halfway through his meal. Carrying two buns and two eggs, Ji Yaotzi walked over, greeting, "Why are you up so early today?"

Jiang Luo looked up, "Didn't sleep all night."

"All night?" Ji Yaotzi recalled something and cautiously asked, "Is it because of you and Chi You's situation?"

As Ji Yaotzi spoke, his expression towards Jiang Luo became sympathetic.

Chi You was Jiang Luo's former lover, and even for Chi You, Jiang Luo had started striving for improvement. They even became a married couple, and Jiang Luo wanted to seek revenge for Chi You. Although it seemed they had a falling out, Jiang Luo now had to pretend to be brainwashed and fight against Chi You. It was easy to imagine the complex emotions he must be feeling.

Ji Yaotzi imagined the scene and felt a pang of sorrow for both of them.

Seeing Ji Yaotzi's expression, Jiang Luo knew he was speculating, but he didn't explain. Without expression, he finished the last bite of his meal, "Lao Ji, I have a question for you."

Ji Yaotzi asked, "What is it?"

"Why do you have the Fate Pearl?" Jiang Luo inquired.

Ji Yaotzi hesitated for a moment, then thoughtfully said, "I knew you would ask this question."

Rolling the tea eggs on the table, he continued slowly, "In four days, you'll descend the mountain for trial. After the trial, will you come back?"

Jiang Luo asked, "Guess."

"You, kid," Ji Yaotzi sighed with a mix of frustration and amusement, "I'm not deliberately changing the topic. You need to understand, the more you know, the deeper you get involved. Do you really want to meddle in these troublesome matters?"

Jiang Luo laughed, "Do you think I haven't already gotten involved?"

He glanced at Ji Yaotzi with a smirk, revealing a flicker of eagerness and cool disdain in his eyes. Unyielding and determined, the flame of his soul shone brightly, "Whether you tell me or not, I'm already involved. Life needs some exciting spices to make it grand. Though I don't like involving people in my affairs, for this matter, I must thoroughly understand it."

He was curious about many things and determined to get to the bottom of them. Chi You's secret seemed to be related to these matters.

In any case, Jiang Luo couldn't afford to miss out, especially when he had to kill the chosen one.

Ji Yaotzi involuntarily exerted force, crushing the tea eggshell. Regaining his composure, he sighed, "You're right."

"This Fate Pearl was given to me by the chosen one," he lowered his voice after a pause, "Thirty years ago, the chosen one performed a divination for the metaphysical world. Such divinations for the entire future usually come at a great cost. The celestial secrets must not be revealed, and those who seek them pay a heavy toll on their life and longevity, even facing death. Before the chosen one, no one ever thought of divining the future of the metaphysical world. Unlike other circles, although small, everyone in the metaphysical world hides their true abilities. Feng Li, my master, would need over a dozen people to perform such a divination, and after the divination, everyone had to prepare for their lifespan to be halved to succeed. However, the chosen one, he only aged."

Jiang Luo furrowed his brows.

"The divination's outcome wasn't favorable. The chosen one informed us that thirty years later, the metaphysical world would face a catastrophic disaster. Whether it's the Six Great Families or the twelve prestigious schools, all would be destroyed by one person," Ji Yaotzi explained, "We searched for this person for three years without success. It wasn't until twenty-seven years ago, when the chosen one went to Changbai Mountain and Chi You was born, that we realized Chi You was the prophesied individual."