Chapter 161

After reading the second rule, Jiang Luo's expression couldn't help but become somewhat strange.

It was the surprise and self-doubt that a perennial loser encountered after a series of lucky events. Jiang Luo couldn't believe his luck; the only two things he found in Bai Yefeng's room turned out to have decisive uses.

His expression became even more peculiar as he took out the money from his pocket and counted it—five hundred yuan.

Not a lot, but not a little either. Besides using it for himself, he could also share it with another person. However, when he turned around, he saw Seylor taking out wads of money from his wallet and distributing it to others. "Who doesn't have money? I'm rich in my dreams, enough for everyone!"

"..." Jiang Luo suddenly realized the disparities among people. He suppressed the rising feeling of excitement, awkwardly put the five hundred yuan back into his pocket, and then joined Seylor to receive a stack of red banknotes.

"Every twenty minutes, the store door will open, and the shopkeeper will come out. Judging from this, these shopkeepers are like ghosts harming people," Jiang Luo thought, "The first twenty minutes are safe, but once twenty minutes pass, if the shop we're in happens to be chosen, the shopkeeper will kill the customers inside first, then run out to kill those on the street who haven't entered other stores. The twenty-minute intervals are regular, but no one knows when the initial time starts, so we can only play it by ear."

There were no clocks in the mall, but luckily, everyone had smartphones. After dividing the money, the eight people immediately dispersed into various clothing stores, searching for the most suitable clothes.

What kind of clothes were most suitable?

Of course, clothes that fit their size.

Ge Zhu originally followed behind Zhou Zhongqiu and Seylor, but when passing by a men's clothing store, he absentmindedly glanced at it, and his footsteps stopped.

There was a transparent glass display wall in front of the men's clothing store, showcasing a plastic male mannequin. The model looked remarkably like his brother, Ge Wuchen.

Ge Zhu was lost for a moment. In a trance, it seemed like he saw the male model smiling at him, lips curving in a way that resembled Ge Wuchen even more when he smiled.

The smiling expression looked even more like Ge Wuchen.

Ge Zhu snapped out of it, closed his eyes, and upon looking again, the male model's lips were still stiffly smiling. After hesitating for a moment, he entered the men's clothing store.

In addition to him, there were over a dozen other customers in the men's clothing store, all looking anxious and dazed.

On the other side, Jiang Luo's fingers swiftly searched through the clothes, accompanied by Lu Youyi in the same store. The shopkeeper sat behind the cash register like a snake in a corner, watching their every move.

Just as Jiang Luo finished searching the first row, a loud alarm suddenly echoed through the mall. His senses instantly tightened, and he looked up to the outside.

In a men's clothing store diagonally across from him, the lights went out abruptly. The model inside stiffly turned its head, doll-like eyes staring intensely at the customers inside the store.

The previously motionless shopkeeper finally revealed a sinister smile on his dark face. He stood up, dragging out a massive axe from under the table.

The customers inside the store showed expressions of terror and despair, throwing themselves against the tightly closed glass door, desperately banging on it. "Help!"