Chapter 177

Jiang's heart trembled as Ge Wuchen laid everything bare. Rather than easing his suspicions about Ge Wuchen's intentions, the revelation intensified them.

"Why are you telling me all this?"

"Because the chosen one has taken an interest in you," Ge Wuchen replied. "Since he believes you can kill the master, I believe you can stop him."

Ge Zhu had warned Jiang earlier to stay away from Ge Wuchen, describing him as cunning and occasionally deadly. Jiang had to admit Ge Zhu was right. Ge Wuchen, with his ethereal appearance, seemed incapable of confessing the gruesome deeds of his past. However, if he were lying, his words coincided with Jiang's speculations. Jiang sensed a mix of truth and falsehood; the part about the chosen one was likely accurate, but other details remained uncertain.

"Don't pretend," Jiang bluntly said. "Besides the vague explanations, clarify why you repeatedly harm Ge Zhu."

Ge Wuchen's stern expression hardened. "Jiang, changing the master's mindset is no easy task."

"My master and senior brother claim he was coerced into reaching the point of inhumanity, but he's the only one in the Chi family's main lineage who merged with ghost patterns and controlled them."

Ge Wuchen sneered, "He was a devil in human skin even when alive. Five years ago, when I learned the truth, do you think I didn't try to protect him and change his mindset? It was futile. He could manipulate even his own death, always wearing a façade of false virtue since childhood. A born villain and lunatic, the Chi family's and others' harm merely revealed his true nature."

"I'll be frank; before you appeared, I had already lost hope of altering the future."

Ge Wuchen's tone was icy, "Since the future will eventually become like that, if Ge Zhu continues to be foolish, he won't live much longer. It's better for him to be killed by me before the disaster."

Jiang Luo bit the extinguished cigarette and suddenly chuckled in a muffled voice.

Ge Wuchen frowned, "Why is Master Jiang laughing?"

"I find you quite interesting," Jiang Luo stopped his laughter with difficulty, "a bit hypocritical. Are you trying to educate him not to trust anyone easily, letting him carry the hatred towards you as he survives?"

Ge Wuchen stiffened.

Jiang Luo stopped teasing him, "Do you know the method for a chosen person to ascend to godhood?"

Seeing he didn't bring up the recent event, Ge Wuchen's expression eased, "Yes, I know."

"That scripture and the entire scripture repository turned to ashes. Only I and the chosen one know this method," Ge Wuchen said, "Master Jiang, I bear no ill will towards you. I have only two conditions. If you agree and can fulfill them, I will willingly tell you what that method is."

Jiang Luo asked, "Speak, let me hear them."

Ge Wuchen stared deeply at Jiang Luo, "One is to kill the chosen one, and the other is to prevent Chi You from destroying the metaphysical world."

Thinking it was something else, Jiang Luo nodded without hesitation, extending his hand, "I agree, bring forth the method."

Ge Wuchen hadn't expected Jiang Luo to be so straightforward in agreement, and he hesitated. Jiang Luo looked at him mockingly, "You won't just bluff and end up unable to handle it in the end, will you?"

Ge Wuchen remained silent.

Jiang Luo slowly stood up, suddenly kicked towards Ge Wuchen, his face cold, "Are you playing me?"