Chapter 115

"Let the wedding celebration proceed," Jiang Luo responded nonchalantly. "But why did you drug me when I entered the door?"

Chi You, with the demeanor of a young man, stared at him for a few seconds, leaned in with a mysterious smile, and said, "Ah, so you still don't know."

Jiang Luo felt like he was dealing with a snake revealing its venomous secrets, yet Chi You raised his lips warmly, enthusiastically sharing the legend of the Chi family. "Every legitimate wife of the Chi family dies early. Not a single person has lived past thirty. My father didn't want to marry and harm others, but the clan forced him to marry my mother. He tried to break the curse by proposing to marry a woman who had already lived past thirty, but the astrological calculations all pointed to young women. As expected, my mother also died early. When it was my turn, I didn't want to burden others, but the clan kept pushing, so I had no choice but to let them choose a husband for me."

Gently tucking a strand of Jiang Luo's hair behind his ear, Chi You's cold fingers lightly touched his earlobe. "So, you married into the Chi family and had the celebration for me. Don't worry, you're not a woman; your fate is one of longevity. In eight years, when you turn thirty, we'll break this curse together. The Chi family will release you and reward you and the Jiang family generously."

Chi You smiled apologetically, his brow furrowing with melancholy. "We're married in name, but we're brothers in reality. You can be casual around me; don't be reserved. It's hard for you to accompany me for eight years, truly."

With a sincere expression and tone, this elegant young man faced such a pitiful fate. Even stone-hearted immortals might soften for him.

Is this the facade that Chi You wears while alive?

No wonder he can deceive so many people, both in and outside the book, thought Jiang Luo, mimicking him with a fake smile. "Not hard at all, not hard."

After this conversation, Jiang Luo was certain that this Chi You was not the already-turned-evil spirit Chi You but the genuine young Chi You.

Even more intriguing, Jiang Luo thought, watching him with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Chi You stood up, undid his clothes, and said, "Let's rest."

Although only eighteen, he had a graceful and dignified posture. Elegant and noble in every move, except for his overly pale skin, no one could detect signs of his illness after the reduction of clothing.

"Oh, by the way," he suddenly turned to Jiang Luo, "do you want to take a bath?"

Just as Jiang Luo was planning to sort out his thoughts and look for other people in the mirrored world, he nodded. Chi You said, "Turn right when you go out, and the innermost room is the bathroom. Go ahead."

Casually picking out a change of clothes from the wardrobe, Jiang Luo was about to leave when Chi You, with his back turned, slowly advised, "The bathroom floor is slippery. Be careful."

With a rising tone.

"Thanks for the reminder. I got it," Jiang Luo replied with a glance at his retreating figure.

The door closed, leaving Chi You alone in the room. He leisurely took off his clothes, and, despite his young age, his well-proportioned figure was apparent with the reduction of clothing, revealing thin muscles and hidden strength.

He lifted the conspicuously red quilt and lay on the bed, picking up a book from the bedside table and leisurely reading.

The youthful eyes, hidden behind the pages, began to reveal a subtly sinister and cold cruelty. Turning another page, he said, "How many more days can he endure before dying?"