Chapter 60

In the bathroom, a loud noise echoed.

Jiang Luo had thrown Fu Wei to the ground.

With one knee harshly pressing against Fu Wei's neck, Jiang Luo looked down with a smile and gently patted Fu Wei's cheek, "Don't do things that your brother Jiang dislikes, got it?"

Fu Wei, frowning, touched his lip, which was already broken. No one would have expected that this young man, with his overly slender physique, could possess such strength.

Tilting his head, Jiang Luo warned with a smile still on his lips, "Blow smoke in my face again, and I'll press the cigarette butt against your face."

As he spoke, he pulled out a talisman from his clothes and moved to stick it on Fu Wei.

Jiang Luo hadn't forgotten his bet with Chi You; he needed to find out if Fu Wei was Chi You.

Fu Wei seemed like it, yet he didn't. But better to err on the side of caution—after all, Jiang Luo's talismans cost him nothing.

In a critical moment, Fu Wei grabbed his wrist, his brow furrowed in rejection, "What are you doing?"

Jiang Luo, not in the mood for chit-chat, pressed down harder with his knee, causing Fu Wei to grunt as his grip loosened.

Just as the talisman was about to be placed, a knock on the bathroom door sounded.

"Are you guys okay?" Zhang Cheng's voice, tinged with both concern and a thrill for drama, asked, "What's happening? Someone's got a camera, wants to film something."

Fu Wei took the opportunity to roll away, propping himself up against the bathroom door with his long legs, his arms resting on his knees, suppressing his anger, "Are you fucking sick?"

Not likely, really not likely.

But if Chi You wanted to play a game of "guess who I am," he wouldn't expose himself so blatantly.

With people urging from outside, Jiang Luo regretfully stood up, put away the talisman, and opened the door.

Zhang Cheng peered into the bathroom, and upon seeing the fresh blood at the corner of Fu Wei's lips, exclaimed, "Fu Wei, what happened to you?"

"What's the matter?" a gentle voice asked.

Jiang Luo followed the voice to see another handsome face.

This was Xi Si, the second-place contestant in "Next Idol." He looked even better in person than on camera, humble and courteous, always willing to help others.

"How did you get hurt?" Xi Si frowned, "Don't touch the wound. Zhang Cheng, go get the first aid kit from my dorm."

"Sure thing, Brother Xi," Zhang Cheng immediately ran off.

Fu Wei sat silently with a sullen face.

Even Zhao Ban didn't dare to speak. Xi Si seemed unaware of the frosty atmosphere, worriedly suggesting, "We have a recording tomorrow. How will you appear on camera like this? Later, ask the dorm manager for an egg to roll over it. Tomorrow, let's see if the makeup artist can cover it up."

Fu Wei darkly responded, "It's none of your business."

Such a remark would usually repel others, but Xi Si remained smiling and kindly reminded, "Fu Wei, keep it down. There are cameras."

Jiang Luo watched from behind the crowd.

He had no intention of hogging the limelight, nor was he worried about being captured on camera. The director had promised to minimize his screen time. As an observer, Jiang Luo could clearly see the undercurrents beneath the surface calm among this group.