Chapter 54

Chi You never believed there could be another person in the world who harbored malice as pure as his own.

His malevolence was born in decay and corruption, living like a demon. How could there be someone else with such malice?

What had Jiang Luo been through?

Unable to help himself, Chi You stood up and leaned in to closely examine the expression on Jiang Luo's face.

The beautiful, narrow eyes of Jiang Luo slowly filled with sinister red veins, as if blood was coursing through them—cold, cruel, filled with wickedness.

These eyes were undoubtedly beautiful and wild. Chi You, driven by curiosity, asked, "Jiang Luo, what are you thinking about?"

Jiang Luo looked at him, his gaze as if veiled in a layer of bloody mist.

He keenly felt something was off about himself.

Another voice in his heart continued, "You've been killed by him eighteen times, and it's a stroke of luck you haven't gone mad. Killing him is too simple for all the harm he's caused you. Wouldn't it be more satisfying to toy with him further?"

"Crush his pride, grind his dignity to dust. Make the high and mighty demon bow before you, strip him of his usual indifference and cruelty. Let him tremble with fear at a word or a look from you, become enchanted with a smile or a casual compliment from you, even to the point of sacrificing his own life... Wouldn't that be wonderful?"

That sounded rather appealing.

Jiang Luo said, "Who allowed you to stand up?"

Chi You fixedly watched him for a moment, then knelt on one knee on the ground once more.

Jiang Luo looked down at him.

The demon, handsome in his malevolence, was smeared with blood across his face under the dim sky, making him appear not only handsome but also like a mad, aberrant murderer—bloody and twisted.

Even his smile was split in two. Half elegant and noble, half a reflection of knife gleams and blood.

The more Jiang Luo entangled with Chi You, the more he could see the vast, sprawling web behind Chi You.

The more he realized how mysterious Chi You was.

And mystery always sparks curiosity.

Jiang Luo carelessly lifted his toe, gently raising Chi You's chin.

His shoe was clean, but the demon's face bore frightening bloodstains. The demon hadn't expected such a demeaning gesture, his eyebrows slightly raised, looking at Jiang Luo with interest.

Jiang Luo slowly bent forward, his broad black robe covering the throne, making his figure seem even taller and slimmer.

"Chi You," Jiang Luo looked down at the demon, his toe gently pressing down on a still clean patch of Chi You's clothes, "You are filthy, so filthy that I don't even want to touch you."

Chi You responded, "Is that so?"

Suddenly, Chi You stood up and took a step forward. With his hands pressing down on the armrests, he moved his body close to Jiang Luo. Before anyone could react, he cornered Jiang Luo in a small space on the throne, caressing Jiang Luo's cheek with his hand stained with the stench of demonic beast blood, leaving filthy streaks of blood behind.

Chi You looked down at him, his voice coldly conveying, "What a pity, now I've dirtied you as well."

Jiang Luo's breathing grew heavier.