Chapter 147

During dinner, Jiang Luo was summoned to the dining room.

He arrived last, and except for the destined individual, everyone else had gathered, enjoying hotpot around the table.

There was only one vacant seat, next to Feng Li. As Jiang Luo sat down and lifted his chopsticks, Ji Yaozi approached with a bottle of wine, "Care for a drink together?"

Drinking small wine and having hotpot in the dead of winter, it was truly delightful. Jiang Luo pushed the wine cup toward Ji Yaozi, expressing his agreement through actions.

Ji Yaozi poured him a full cup, exchanged a knowing look, and just as Jiang Luo raised the cup to his lips, the Taoist on his left coldly ordered, "Put it down."

The hint of a smile on the black-haired youth's lips froze.

Feng Li took the wine cup from his hand, glanced at Ji Yaozi disapprovingly, and said, "Don't pour him more."

Ji Yaozi said hesitantly, "I remember he's old enough to drink?"

"He fell ill yesterday," Feng Li took a sip of the wine in front of him, calmly deciding for Jiang Luo, "Let's abstain from alcoholic drinks for a month."

Ji Yaozi sympathetically looked at Jiang Luo and reluctantly withdrew the bottle.

Opposite them, Lian Qiang and Lian Bing, who had just been exchanging glances with Jiang Luo, looked at each other in surprise after hearing the Taoist's words.

Their master wasn't this strict, fortunately.

Jiang Luo, on the other hand, quickly laughed it off, unfazed, "Let's follow the teacher's advice then."

The room was sealed tight, everyone sweating from the hotpot, and thick fog covered the glass windows.

Outside, the sky grew darker, while inside, the dining table was lively and noisy. Master Weihe and Ji Yaozi had convinced Feng Li to drink quite a bit, seemingly trying to get him drunk.

They continued their meal until nine o'clock.

As the clock struck nine, the outside wind gradually quieted, replaced by another faint sound that reached the dining room.

Some of the juniors, already full, were the first to notice the sound. Lian Xue turned her head, listened hesitantly, and said, "Master Uncle, it seems like there's music outside."

Lian Qiang nodded, "Master Uncle, I heard it too."

Master Weihe put down his chopsticks, focused on the distant sound. Indeed, there was a faint musical melody.

Far away, yet it seemed as if it were right on the mountaintop.

Strange, how could there be music on this winter night?

Master Weihe pondered for a moment, "Let's go, let's see what's outside."

The crowd filed out, and as Jiang Luo was about to leave, he noticed Feng Li still sitting motionless. Being a respectful and diligent student, he immediately stopped and asked with concern, "Teacher, aren't you coming?"

Feng Li leisurely finished the last sip of wine, placed the cup on the table, wiped his hands with a tissue, and then stood up, saying, "Let's go."

Jiang Luo examined Feng Li's expression. There was no sign of unusual emotions on Feng Li's face; his steps were steady, and his eyes clear – he didn't appear intoxicated.

Walking behind, they exited the gate, finding a crowd of people from the "Beyond Mundane Thoughts" already gathered outside.

Someone rubbed their eyes in disbelief, "What's that?"