Chapter 164

As the elevator doors closed, Jiang Luo breathed a sigh of relief.

Yet, the realization that Chi You had appeared in his illusion made his emotions subtly shift.

... How should I put it?

Why Chi You?

Observing Wen Lian, Kuang Zheng, and Ye Xun's reactions, this illusion seemed to reflect their individual psychological responses.

Jiang Luo was starting to doubt himself.

Could it be that I genuinely harbor the deepest fears and desires for Chi You?

Admitting it made Jiang Luo feel strangely uneasy. Denying it raised the question of why he saw the gravely injured Chi You.

Or perhaps Jiang Luo was just twisted, enjoying the sight of Chi You, that beautifully handsome man, on the brink of death?

... Unthinkable.

Unable to articulate his feelings, Jiang Luo hadn't sorted out his emotions when the elevator reached the eighteenth floor.

A line of text appeared on the elevator door: "Please change into the clothes selected on the first-floor mall."

The dark-haired beauty inside the elevator raised an eyebrow, asking, "Now?"

As the text slowly dissipated, the elevator stopped, but the doors didn't open, evidently waiting for Jiang Luo to change into the clothes.

Jiang Luo took out the clothing from the shopping bag, looking at the clearly expensive attire sold to him for a mere thousand yuan. The vague premonition he had earlier turned into reality. Chi You's mentioned obsessive pursuit – could it be Jiang Luo sitting at the top floor, waiting for him to dress up and willingly present himself?

The more he thought about it, the more likely it seemed. Jiang Luo furrowed his brows, finding it thoroughly displeasing.

The more he thought about it, the more likely it seemed, making Jiang Luo furrow his brows. It was truly irksome.

He tossed the new clothes onto the bag, decisively removing the shirt from his upper body. His slender waist and pristine spine appeared on the surveillance camera. Sensing something, Jiang Luo turned his head upward, lifting the corner of his eye to glance at the camera. Suddenly, he swung the shirt onto the camera, blocking the prying gaze behind.

"Insane."

He muttered under his breath, with a touch of inexplicable annoyance, recalling the unexpected sight of Chi You.

With a stern face, Jiang Luo swiftly changed into the black suit purchased from the first-floor mall: shirt, trousers, and jacket. The suit was stylish and fitted, emphasizing his slim waist and long legs. Jiang Luo stuffed the discarded clothes into the shopping bag, tidying up his attire in front of the elevator doors.

He lifted his neck, lazily arranging his hair and collar, then fastened the cufflinks on his hands. The cufflinks were ruby gems, sparkling brightly between the movements of his wrists.

After completing all his movements, Jiang Luo admired himself for a moment. The elevator doors finally opened, and a gentle breeze tousled his hair as he stepped out.

Walking into the open-air garden on the eighteenth floor, Jiang Luo noticed that night had driven away the sunlight, and dim stars hung overhead like dusty ornaments.

In the center of the garden, a table adorned with candlelight and delicious food awaited. The man already seated at the table had his arms resting on the surface, pale fingers interlaced under his chin. The candlelight danced on his handsome face, casting a flickering glow from his prominent nose to the corners of his lips.