Chapter 2

Along the way, two friends and a driver were captivated by a tragic love story that was tumultuous and out of step with the world.

Jiang Luo, accustomed to hearing clients' grievances at work, couldn't say much else, but some clients' lives were more dramatic than soap operas. His eloquence was honed through numerous dealings with clients, and drawing from TV dramas and clients' life stories, Jiang Luo crafted a complete narrative. He began to recount a tale that spanned from unrequited love and incessant pursuit to the realization of love only after death. The story, filled with sorrow and joy, sweetness and torment, was so engaging that even the cabbie, who was initially listening to comedy sketches, turned it off to listen to Jiang Luo's narrative.

"...When Chi You was a teaching assistant at our school, he'd drag me to his office for extra lessons after class and take me running around the campus, claiming it was to improve my Feng Shui reading skills. I thought he was just giving me a hard time," Jiang Luo leaned back in his seat, shadowed and melancholic, "The day he confessed, I just walked away... Little did I know, after I left, he died."

Lu Youyi suddenly realized, "No wonder you were cursing Chi You those days. I thought you were just jealous."

Jiang Luo thought to himself, wasn't it jealousy?

The original host was jealous of Chi You's talent. Chi You wasn't genuinely kind; he tormented the original host under the guise of extra lessons, subtly flaunting his talent. Lacking in ability but prideful and narrow-minded, the original host became increasingly twisted, hating Chi You for effortlessly doing what he could not learn.

Jiang Luo shook his head with a bitter smile, "Thinking back, I really wish I could return to those times."

As he spoke, a sudden gust of wind attacked the window, howling past like a sword. Jiang Luo was startled, looking at his arm to find goosebumps had instinctively risen.

He turned to look outside.

Dark clouds loomed, and frail trees on the roadside, as thick as an adult's wrist, were battered by the storm, pitifully broken. Raindrops slid diagonally across the window, struggling to hold on before slowly dripping down.

The clear raindrops gradually turned crimson, like droplets of blood, signaling the waning of life.

It just so happened to fall on Jiang Luo's brow.

Jiang Luo remained expressionless, withdrawing his gaze to look into the rearview mirror, seeing only the three of them and the taxi driver up front.

There was no presence of evil spirits.

Perhaps there were, but he couldn't see them.

"No wonder Chi You always kept you in the office," Ye Xun pondered, "He just wanted to spend time alone with you."

Jiang Luo, "Yes..."

Suddenly, the glass cracked loudly, spider-webbing from the impact.

The three in the backseat stared in disbelief, and Lu Youyi murmured, "Boss, is your car window a bit too cheap?"

The driver was dumbfounded, "This can't be."

The cold wind seeping through the cracked glass felt deathly cold on Jiang Luo's neck, as if a hand was playfully stroking his neck, silently warning him against speaking recklessly.

Jiang Luo touched his neck, feeling only a chill.

The driver wanted to check the window but had to keep driving. After a few glances, he turned back. Lu Youyi and Ye Xun squeezed aside, making room for Jiang Luo, who continued, "Did I get it right?"