Chapter 162

On the cotton pillow, a baby's shape was painted with blood, absurdly exposed to everyone's eyes.

A surge of unrestrained anger rose in Ye Xun's heart for a moment; his fingers trembled slightly. "Are you pretending to be pregnant?!"

Wen Renlian's expression gradually became emotionless. He lifted his head from the pillow, coldly staring at the pregnant woman, and suddenly punched the elevator wall.

Even the usually mild-mannered Kuang Zheng hardened his face.

The pregnant woman shrank for a moment, then mustered a certain confidence and lifted her head. With a haughty tone, she said, "What do you want? Have the guts to kill me?"

Since she was discovered, there was no need to keep up the charade. Tidying her disheveled hair, she saw through the characters of these people, not worried at all about them daring to harm her.

The only concern for the pregnant woman was the peculiar young man with long hair. However, seeing that he only exposed her tricks without doing anything to her, she became uninhibited again. She took out a powder puff from her pocket, mocking, "So what if I pretended? Are you four big men trying to make things difficult for me, a woman?"

After touching up her makeup meticulously in a small mirror, she taunted, "I pretended, so what? Did I force them to save me? Why did they rush to my rescue when I cried for help?"

Listening to her words, Ye Xun and the others were filled with rage, but they had to admit the pregnant woman was right.

Even though they knew she had caused the death of their companion, even though they knew this was a dream, their education and moral boundaries prevented them from laying hands on this seemingly fragile and real woman before them.

Really going to kill her?

But this is just a dream.

Yet, not killing her? The anger and sadness in their hearts won't diminish just because this is a dream.

In this frozen standoff, Jiang Luo started to move.

As he approached, the pregnant woman screamed in terror, pressed against the wall. Fear lingered in her heart as if she had seen a hideous demon. "Don't come near! Do you know who the person on the top floor is waiting for? He's waiting for me! If you dare lay a hand on me, I'll make you regret it after I reach the top floor!"

"The top floor," Jiang Luo curled his lips, strangely smiling. "So, you want to go to the top floor."

Forced into a corner, the pregnant woman looked at him in horror.

The black-haired youth, with a beautiful face, leaned slightly closer to her. His lips curved, flawless pale skin, a faint fragrance lingering around the pregnant woman's nose. Jiang Luo, with tender eyes and a gentle expression, spoke to the pregnant woman as if addressing a lover, "But what can you do? You might not survive to reach the top floor."

The pregnant woman exclaimed, "Are you threatening me?! Do you want to kill me?!"

Her heart raced faster, an inexplicable fear invading her organs. Panicking, she shouted to the three companions behind Jiang Luo, "He's going to kill me, won't you stop him?! Is he trying to be a murderer?!"

Wen Renlian crossed his arms, looking at her with a cold smile. Upon hearing her words, Ye Xun and Kuang Zheng hesitated, unsure whether to stop Jiang Luo or not.

"Why would I kill you?" Jiang Luo lifted his hand, gently caressing her cheek, making the pregnant woman tremble. "But I think the person, or ghost, you want to meet won't let you live for long...." He looked at her affectionately as if she were a lover.