Chapter 1

When Jiang Luo opened his eyes, he found himself surrounded by a sea of people who were mourning, everyone dressed in somber black, their backs turned to him. Pausing for a moment in this atmosphere, Jiang Luo glanced around, but as soon as he moved, the mourners in front abruptly halted their lamentations, turning to glare at him with bulging, disapproving eyes.

"Why aren't you crying?" they demanded.

Finding th rather amusing, Jiang Luo chuckled and squeezed out a tear, showing it to them with a flick of his finger. "I am crying," he retorted.

The gazes of the onlookers shifted away from Jiang Luo, and they resumed their synchronized wailing, the mournful sounds falling into a rhythmic pattern.

Outside, a fine drizzle obscured the daylight, shrouded by wind and rain, with dampness seeping in through the windows, casting a pale mist.

Someone nearby remarked, "Jiang Luo, your brother, Chi You, is dead. You must be delighted, aren't you?"

Jiang Luo turned towards the voice, but before he could identify the speaker, his attention was drawn to the glossy black hair cascading down his own shoulder.

The lustrous strands, reaching down to his shoulders, flowed like satin. Jiang Luo reached out to tousle the hair, then noticed a small, blood-red mole on the back of his left hand.

A menacing voice by his ear persisted, "Jiang Luo, cat got your tongue?"

Raising his head, Jiang Luo finally beheld the face of the person speaking.

The speaker was a handsome and vigorous young man, dressed in designer clothes and sporting five-figure sneakers. His eyes blazed with fire as he stared at Jiang Luo, looking as though he could devour him alive. With a cold snort, he ominously declared, "I know it was you who killed Brother Chi You. Wait until his soul returns for the seventh-day ceremony; I'll see how you try to talk your way out of it."

The name Chi You sounded familiar to Jiang Luo.

Just a few days ago, he had learned about a novel that had been taken down due to its excessive gore. The novel was called "Devil" Intrigued by its reputation, Jiang Luo had gone to great lengths to find the original text. The protagonist in the book was named Chi You.

"Devil" told the story of the protagonist shou seeking revenge with the help of another character, Feng Li, after being killed by cannon fodder named Jiang luo.

It was quite a coincidence that the cannon fodder who killed Chi You shared Jiang Luo's name. After Chi You's death, he would be transformed into an evil ghost, tormenting the cannon fodder with brutal methods until his eventual demise.

Jiang Luo's brow twitched twice, and suddenly he stepped forward, bending down to face the vigorous young man with just a fist's distance between them.

Reflected in the young man's pupils was a face that was both familiar and strange to Jiang Luo.

With shoulder-length hair, proud and arrogant features, and exquisite facial features exuding both beauty and masculinity, this face resembled a vivid painting, with bold lines and aggressive allure.

This face was almost identical to Jiang Luo's own, except Jiang Luo's natural appearance was gentler and more relaxed, unlike the vivid and flamboyant beauty before him.

He didn't have such long hair, nor did he have the seductive red mole on the back of his left hand, and certainly, he hadn't killed anyone named Chi You.

Jiang Luo pinched himself hard, feeling the pain.

It took him a moment to come to terms with reality. He wasn't dreaming; he had transmigrated.