Chapter 122

Based on the master's capriciousness, Ge Wuchen could only do his best to meet the master's requests. However, when the master entered the world inside the mirror, the puppet master remained in the shadows. To avoid any unforeseen incidents, Ge Wuchen used the bone flute left to him by Hua Li.

It was a bone flute about the size of a palm, entirely as white and glossy as human bones, with a red string tied at the end. Ge Wuchen stood by the window, continuously playing it three times.

This flute, crafted from Hua Li's finger bones, emitted a sound that only Hua Li could hear. After a moment, a person in red flew in through the window – Hua Li walked barefoot on the floor, her tone cold, "Why did you call me halfway?"

Ge Wuchen said, "You need to help me guard the master."

Hua Li frowned.

Ge Wuchen glanced at the human lying on the ground and, with Hua Li, walked towards the bedroom. "In addition to guarding the master, you also need to protect the human the master is interested in."

Hua Li suddenly recalled Jiang Luo's annoying appearance. His expression changed, showing a hint of repulsion.

Ge Wuchen glimpsed at him, "I won't follow the master the first time he enters and exits the world inside the mirror. But the second time, I will go in with the master. We'll rely on you then."

Hua Li stopped in his tracks, looking at him, "You're going too?"

Ge Wuchen smiled, a faint gleam flashing in his eyes. He nodded slightly, "I want to see... what the puppet master is planning."

Hua Li had no interest in what Ge Wuchen wanted to do, but he said, "I don't care what you want to do. I will only ensure the master's safety. As for you and that human? Get Teng Bi to protect you both."

"No need to waste so much manpower," Ge Wuchen said, "I know you can handle it, Hua Li."

Hua Li sneered, arms crossed, silent.

Ge Wuchen continued, "If you do well, I'll take you to play games and level up. I won't let others insult you as a retarded elementary school student again."

Hua Li's face darkened, "Deal."

---

Meanwhile, Teng Bi, who was enjoying a lollipop, suddenly sneezed.

He looked around bewilderedly and, not finding anything unusual, continued to focus on the game controller in his hands.

"Ah, damn it, help me!" Lu Youyi next to him exclaimed weirdly, "There's a monster ambushing me, hurry up!"

Teng Bi solemnly nodded, controlling the on-screen warrior as if facing a formidable enemy. However, compared to his expression when he was about to unleash a powerful move, the warrior on the screen clumsily jumped twice, landing on a sword and impaling itself.

Teng Bi: "..."

Lu Youyi: "..."

The words "Game Over" flashed on the screen. Lu Youyi tossed the controller in despair, "I'm done, it's not fun."

Behind them, placing Xiao Fen on the sofa, Ye Xun combed the little cat's fur, braiding its hair. He casually said to the defeated players, "How many times have you died?"

"398 times," Lu Youyi said in a helpless tone, "Is that impressive?"

Ye Xun nodded, ridiculing without a hint of sarcasm, "Impressive enough for you guys to persistently throw yourselves into death so many times."

While speaking, Wen Renlian and Kuang Zheng entered, each carrying bags full of shopping. The warmth inside the room blocked the cold wind outside. They took off their gloves, scarves, and coats, hanging them on the rack one by one. Smiling, they said, "Did you manage to contact them?"

Ge Zhu put down his phone, "Taliao has returned to his home country. He will come back to celebrate with us during the Chinese New Year. But I couldn't get through to Jiang Luo's phone."

"Did you call Zhong Qiu?"

"Calling her now," Ge Zhu waved his hand, "She hasn't answered yet."

Lu Youyi got up from the floor and walked towards Ge Zhu. Teng Bi glanced at them, silently putting down the game controller.

A few seconds later, Zhong Qiu answered the phone, "I just came out of the Lian's house. Jiang Luo and Lian Xue have gone up the mountain. It's been snowing heavily on the mountain for several days, no signal, so it's normal not to contact him."

"No way," Lu Youyi said disappointedly, "We finally gathered during the holidays, and he can't make it. I haven't seen him in almost half a month, and today is also Ye Xun's birthday."

Ye Xun sighed, also picking up Xiao Fen with a hint of disappointment. "Nothing we can do."

Ge Zhu asked, "By the way, why did Jiang Luo go to the Lian family? Zhong Qiu, do you know the reason?"

Zhong Qiu was also puzzled, "The last time I brought luggage for Jiang Luo, I asked him and Lian Xue, but they didn't tell me. Lian's family usually doesn't go out. They go up the mountain to seek advice from the elders. What could have happened that even Lian Xue couldn't solve, forcing them to take Jiang Luo up the mountain?"

She couldn't figure it out, "Forget it, let's gather again after Jiang Luo comes out."

Around noon, a group of people who hadn't gathered for almost half a month met warmly. But before the party could go on for long, their door was knocked again.

Even though he knew it was unlikely, Lu Youyi's spirits rose, "Could it be Jiang Luo?"

Wen Renlian laughed, "Impossible."

Lu Youyi muttered as he went to open the door, "... He's not here, but it feels like something is missing."

However, after opening the door, an extremely unexpected person stood outside.

Lu Youyi was stunned, "The funeral home owner?!"

The people inside the room hurriedly walked to the door, and, to everyone's surprise, the funeral home owner stood outside, wrapped up tightly and covered in dust.

On such a cold day, why would the funeral home owner be here?

Ge Zhu speculated, "Is it because we're on vacation, and no one is buying things from your shop, so you can't eat, and you've resorted to door-to-door sales?"

Ji Yazi coughed a few times, speaking softly, "You don't lack the few dollars from you guys. I'm here to give you a reminder."

"A reminder?"

Ji Yazi slightly lifted his eyes from the deep black scarf, saying, "Two things."

"The first one, Dean Xu has been dissatisfied with the Qis and Chis, who always target students from Baihua University. He has been secretly collecting evidence and finally sent the evidence to the management of twelve high-level institutions—Xuan Ling Joint University. The Qi and Chi families are now under investigation. As victims, you will confront them in a trial held by the Joint University in ten days. If one of you is missing, the trial will be postponed again, and the next opportunity for the trial is unknown."

The funeral home owner coughed again. Wen Renlian returned to his senses from the shock, saying, "Please come in and talk about it."

"No need," Ji Yaozi slowly raised his hand, "The second thing."

He unfolded his hand, and from the black cuff, a long, scarlet earring poured out. The earring had a simple three-button design at the top and three hanging tassels at the bottom, exuding a hint of exotic charm.

"Take this thing and give it to Jiang Luo within three days. Otherwise—"

Ji Yaozi raised his head, addressing them, "Jiang Luo will encounter some danger that you wouldn't want to see."