Chapter 30

It turns out that blessings really do fall from the sky.

Even with just this sentence, despite Feng Li's words being so forceful, Jiang Luo's fondness for him soared straight up.

He forcibly suppressed the smile at the corners of his eyes and brows, fearful it might be seen, and then buried his head to cover his face.

Regardless of whether Feng Li could destroy Chi You’s soul, just because of that sentence, Jiang Luo felt obliged to lure Chi You out in front of Feng Li for a show.

Though Jiang Luo would rather be the one to kill off Chi You himself, if Feng Li wanted to give him a "surprise delight," he would absolutely welcome it with open arms.

With his long hair draped over, hiding his profile, Jiang Luo's expression was securely concealed. To Feng Li, this only seemed to cast a gloom of melancholy over him.

But even with his distress, Feng Li didn't soften in the slightest. On the contrary, the evil spirit that had led such a talented clan disciple so astray had already ignited his killing intent.

Feng Li's face was cold, burying his murderous intent so deeply that no one could detect it.

Upon arriving at the hotel, Jiang Luo was the first to step out of the car.

The car window rolled down, and Feng Li asked indifferently, "When will you return to school?"

Jiang Luo was uncertain: "Probably tomorrow."

Feng Li nodded, watching the dark-haired young man bow to him, then turn and walk towards the hotel.

Not until the tip of the young man's hair disappeared between the walls did Feng Li withdraw his gaze, his tone slightly colder, "Who is his master?"

The driver respectfully answered, "It's Chen Pi."

Chen Pi was a registered disciple under the old Celestial Master, a name that Feng Li's excellent memory recalled faintly. However, these impressions did nothing to soften his stance, and he coldly declared, "Waste."

The driver, head bowed, listened in silence.

The two direct disciples, sensing the tension, cautiously excused themselves.

Inside the car, only Feng Li and the driver remained.

"The disciple has exceptional talent, yet he failed to notice, even sending the disciple to one of the twelve universities," Feng Li's gaze, sharp as a blade, reflected in the rearview mirror, "Holding a treasure yet treating it as worthless, treated in such a way, how could Jiang Luo possibly serve the Feng family?"

Among the twelve universities, it's rare to find direct disciples from the six major sects.

True talents, one in a million, are kept as trump cards by the six major sects. Cases like Zhuo Zhongqiu are exceedingly rare, and Zhuo Zhongqiu's attendance wasn't just for study; she also bore the heavy responsibility of recruiting talents for the Zhuo family.

Jiang Luo's performance in the competition was conspicuous, drawing attention from the very first round. After the second round, even more people recognized Jiang Luo's talent.

Although Jiang Luo carried the reputation of a Feng family disciple, his relationship with the Feng family was not close. If another sect wanted to recruit Jiang Luo, he might well be tempted.

The car was silent, so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Feng Li breathed slowly, his gaze flicking to the side, where a single black hair lay on the seat.