Chapter 55

The person holding Jiang Luo embraced him tightly for quite some time before finally letting go. Jiang Luo had thought it was someone else, only to find out it was actually Qi Ye, who had always wanted to compete with him for the top spot.

After releasing the embrace, Qi Ye still looked at Jiang Luo with urgency, his eyes red from lack of sleep, and his lips even had a layer of skin peeling off. "Are you all idiots? Didn't you know to be cautious when facing the Red and White Demons? How could you just let yourselves be taken away like that?"

Jiang Luo hadn't expected to be scolded and raised an eyebrow in response, "You were worried about me?"

Qi Ye's discomfort flashed across his face, "Who's worried about you..."

Zhuo Zhongqiu patted Qi Ye on the shoulder and negotiated, "Have you hugged enough? Isn't it time to make way and let us have a hug with Jiang Luo?"

With his face turning red, Qi Ye stepped back to make room.

Friends took turns embracing both Jiang Luo and Lu Youyi. Jiang Luo had never understood why friends would engage in "hugging," but after experiencing it firsthand, he gradually realized that hugs conveyed the care and self-reproach of friends towards one another.

Jiang Luo accepted their embraces.

It was quite... warm.

After ensuring that both were unharmed, the group returned to the hot spring estate.

Jiang Luo looked around and asked, "Where are Ge Zhu and Seylor?"

Wen Renlian paused before responding, "He's severely injured. Seylor is performing a ritual to heal him."

When Jiang Luo and Lu Youyi were caught by the Red and White Demons, Wen Renlian, Kuang Zheng, and Seylor had gone after Ge Zhu. Despite their quick pace, by the time they reached Ge Zhu, he had already been gravely injured and lay on the ground.

Ge Zhu was covered in wounds, barely clinging to life. He weakly lay on the ground, his face covered in flowing blood. If Wen Renlian hadn't noticed his faint breathing, Ge Zhu might have been considered dead.

On the way back to the room, Ge Zhu's lifeless fingers dangled in front of Kuang Zheng, his face buried in Kuang Zheng's neck, tears and blood staining Kuang Zheng's collar.

This was a side of Ge Zhu they had never seen before.

"When he wanted to save you, his brother appeared," Wen Renlian sighed, "The affairs between the brothers are complicated. Ge Zhu chased after his brother, and fortunately, his brother chose not to attack us..."

Wen Renlian could never have imagined that Ge Wuchen would appear there.

It was too coincidental, almost like a trap designed to lead them away.

Jiang Luo didn't care who came to save him or not, "Did Seylor manage to summon the deity?"

"We were surprised as well," Wen Renlian smiled, "When Seylor performed the summoning this time, his singing was still off-key, but somehow he succeeded. Strange, isn't it?"

Curiosity piqued, Jiang Luo said, "Let's go and see."

Ge Zhu and Seylor were in Ge Zhu's room. By the time Jiang Luo entered, the summoning ceremony had already ended. Seylor was so exhausted that he lay in a corner under a blanket, asleep, but Ge Zhu was nowhere to be seen.

They couldn't find the person, so they had no choice but to wake up Seylor, "Seylor, where is Ge Zhu?"

Seylor groggily opened his eyes, still showing signs of sleepiness in his blue eyes, "Huh?"