Chapter 23

Jiang Luo peered under the bed for a long time but didn't see anything. In the dead of night, he actually felt a bit disappointed.

The female ghost hung up the phone, and the screen went dark. Jiang Luo sighed, lay back on the bed, and sent the recording he had just made to the "For Inquiries, Please Burn Incense" group chat.

The group chat quickly lit up.

[Ge Zhu: I've heard about back-to-back stories before. Is she under the bed?]

[Jiang Luo: Nothing under the bed]

[Ge Zhu: Taoist shocked face.jpg]

[Wen Renlian: Kuang Zheng and I are still outside, and our progress has somewhat stalled]

Jiang Luo's gaze moved to Xu Yan's bed.

Shoes were placed at the head of Xu Yan's bed, and the circle of mud spots on them had increased. With the weather in May, yesterday's rain traces had already disappeared. Unless one specifically went to a wet place, no such traces would be left elsewhere.

Moist, slow to dry, and hidden in location.

[Jiang Luo: How about the sewer?]

The sewer?

Wen Renlian, who was still searching for clues by the lake, was startled and then thoughtful. "Makes sense."

He looked up at Kuang Zheng, who was earnestly walking around the lake, raised his voice, and said, "Kuang Zheng, let's go."

Kuang Zheng dropped the stone in his hand and quickly walked over to him, not even asking why, as if he would do whatever Wen Renlian said.

Wen Renlian relayed Jiang Luo's words to him, "We indeed didn't think of the sewer."

Kuang Zheng nodded silently, then said, "I'll go down, you don't have to."

Wen Renlian chuckled, "Why?"

Kuang Zheng glanced at him, then at the dress he was wearing.

"That," Wen Renlian winked at him, "won't stop me from climbing down a sewer."

They found a nearby sewer entrance, Kuang Zheng lifted the manhole cover, jumped down first, and then helped Wen Renlian down.

Despite wearing a dress and a wig, Wen Renlian was a true man, tall and well-proportioned. When Kuang Zheng was helping him down, Wen Renlian was worried he might hurt Kuang Zheng, but Kuang Zheng remained unfazed, securely assisting Wen Renlian down.

The sewer didn't smell good, but the ground beside the water flow was relatively clean. Wen Renlian stepped down and indeed felt the moist sandy texture.

He showed a slight smile, "This must be the place."

The two perked up and carefully followed the direction of the sewer, with Kuang Zheng leading. At every turn, he made sure to completely hide his companion behind him.

They walked for about half an hour when Wen Renlian spotted something on the water surface. After fishing it out, they discovered it was a yellow tin can.

Wen Renlian found the production date on the can, "April 27th... wasn't that just a few days ago?"

There were still some small food residues inside the tin can. Kuang Zheng bent down to smell it, looking in the direction from which the can had drifted, "The can was opened not long ago."

Wen Renlian also looked over, raising an eyebrow and smiling, "Blessings from the Unbounded Celestial, finally some progress."

*