Chapter 169

The cold air on the beer bottle condensed into water, sliding onto Jiang Luo's fingertips.

Jiang Luo's palm felt warm as he wiped away the droplets with a piece of paper, somewhat absentminded.

Rarely does Chi You retaliate against me?

Tch, he can't beat me, can he?

Seeing his distracted look, Wen Renlian and Ye Xun realized that Jiang Luo and Chi You had already taken different paths, and they absolutely couldn't be together. The two fell silent, refraining from further suggestive matchmaking talk.

Ye Xun even broke into a cold sweat, cursing himself in regret.

Finally, Jiang Luo has let go of Chi You, and you still mention ambiguous matters.

Afraid they might rekindle their past feelings?

After dinner, Jiang Luo planned to rest first, but Zhuo Zhongqiu remembered something. "Jiang Luo, Qi Ye has something for me to give you."

"Since we returned from the sea, we haven't seen Qi Ye, and we couldn't reach him. It wasn't until my father and the Celestial Masters went to Qi's house to seek justice for us that he found out Qi's family had schemed against us in the assessment. He also knew we were going to have a family trial with the Qi family," Zhuo Zhongqiu explained. "When my father and I left Qi's house, he appeared from somewhere, covered in grass, with red eyes, and said sorry to me. He handed me a note for you."

She walked to the cabinet and took out the note, handing it to Jiang Luo. "This is the note."

The note was crumpled, and Jiang Luo unfolded it. There was only one hastily written sentence: "I'm sorry."

Surprisingly, he flipped it over to the back and looked at Zhuo Zhongqiu. "Just a 'sorry'?"

Zhuo Zhongqiu nodded.

Jiang Luo folded the note. He could almost imagine Qi Ye's expression when he wrote this sentence. He calmly said, "He is himself, and his father is his father. Others dealing with us have nothing to do with him, and I don't hold any grudges against him. So, there's no need for apologies."

"Alright," he waved and turned around. "I'm going to sleep."

Qi's house.

Liao Si calmly walked through the corridor, reaching Qi Ye's door. He raised his hand and knocked.

The door was quickly opened, and Qi Ye, leaning against the door frame, growled, "What!"

His eyes were bloodshot, clothes disheveled, stubble showing on his face, looking like he hadn't slept well for days. Seeing Liao Si outside, Qi Ye's irritability slightly subdued, and he asked in a stiff tone, "What's the matter?"

Liao Si, with a greedy look in his eyes, said, "Mr. Qi asked me to call you to the living room."

Qi Ye furrowed his brows irritably, about to refuse, but Liao Si timely interjected, "It seems like something crucial. Mr. Chi is also here."

Qi Ye clenched his fists abruptly. Without saying a word, he closed the door and headed towards the living room.

Tomorrow is the trial, and representatives from the Chi family coming to see his father were undoubtedly related to the proceedings. They might have some plans against Jiang Luo and the others, so Qi Ye had to check it out.

Watching his departing figure, Liao Si whistled casually and left.

The corners of his mouth and eyes betrayed an anticipatory glee, mingling with a subtle expression. "The drama of dogs biting dogs is about to unfold."