Chapter 168

Jiang Luo stood there, contemplating his plan. Originally, he intended to inquire about Teng Bi's whereabouts, divert the attention of his companions, and subtly make his way to the bathroom door during this process. After taking a shower, he would excuse himself due to not feeling well and peacefully sleep until tomorrow.

Tomorrow marked the final day before the trial, and at this critical juncture, his friends wouldn't delve into Jiang Luo and Chi You's affairs. Though he knew he couldn't avoid scrutiny forever, he wanted to delay it a bit longer.

However, Lu Youyi's simple phrase, "kiss," completely shattered Jiang Luo's plan.

For some reason, in front of Chi You, Jiang Luo could playfully manipulate ghosts without a care, maliciously watching them succumb to his charm. Yet, in front of friends, he felt awkward.

Strange.

Even when he and Chi You hadn't done anything before, he could shamelessly fabricate intimate scenes between them.

Jiang Luo stood still, feeling a warmth returning to his lips.

Winter's dryness could cause chapped lips. Jiang Luo thought about licking them but stopped his tongue just in time.

Removing his down jacket, he stubbornly stuck to his original plan and asked, "Where's Teng Bi?"

Lu Youyi's expression darkened – a rare sight. When this expression appeared, it meant he was genuinely upset. "When we woke up this morning, he was gone."

Satisfied that his attention had shifted, Jiang Luo smirked and walked toward the bathroom. "Gone?"

"Yes," Lu Youyi lowered his voice. "He truly betrayed us."

This morning, upon not finding Teng Bi in the apartment, Lu Youyi's heart turned cold.

Lu Youyi's life had always been smooth sailing – no lack of money, no shortage of luck. His temperament had been molded into someone a bit naive, believing anyone and shedding tears with TV melodramas. This was the first time he experienced betrayal from a friend, and Lu Youyi felt that he would remember this feeling for the rest of his life.

"Never mind," Lu Youyi disliked being consumed by negative emotions. He vigorously shook his head, muttering, "I'm not short of friends... Jiang Luo, you haven't talked about you and Chi You yet!"

However, upon lifting his head, Lu Youyi couldn't spot Jiang Luo and felt bewildered. "Where's Jiang Luo?"

Ge Zhu, sprawled on the couch like an old man, pointed toward the bathroom. "Taking a shower."

At the front door, Ye Xun held a ginseng doll, entering with Wen Renlian, who carried groceries. Zhuo Zhongqiu tossed the car keys to Lu Youyi, teasingly looking at the ginseng doll. "Poor little thing, your dad just left you in the car, completely forgot about you."

"Oh, and here comes a ginseng spirit!" Ge Zhu immediately stood up, eyes shining as he gazed at the ginseng spirit. He practically drooled, "How much is this single strand of whisker worth?"

Joining the banter, he continued, "Big baby, how about not following Jiang Luo? Come with me; I'll never leave you in the car."

The ginseng doll glanced at Ge Zhu disdainfully, then "whined" and threw itself onto Ye Xun's chest, pitifully saying, "Maybe I'm just a cheap bone. I just want my dad..."

It didn't trust these humans; the ginseng spirit was clever! While others looked at it with greed or fascination, Jiang Luo didn't care at all. The ginseng spirit had tried to tempt Jiang Luo with bathwater and tears before, but Jiang Luo remained uninterested and even found it repulsive.