Chapter 99

The person from the Chi family with a mole on their nose almost had their expression change drastically and revealed their true intentions when Jiang Luo pointed it out. However, the brief moment of rejection that flashed across their face was sensitively caught by Jiang Luo. A smile flickered in Jiang Luo's eyes as he deliberately coughed twice, his mischievous thoughts almost impossible to hide. "Does this brother not want it? That's really strange. Blood eel is such a good thing, yet someone doesn't want to eat it. Could it be that your throat is also bad?"

Hearing this, the others turned their gaze to the person from the Chi family, and the captain also looked over, his eyes filled with doubt. Under the scrutiny of so many, the person from the Chi family forced a smile, "Blood eel is such a precious thing. It's just a bad throat, bear with it and eat. How good is that?"

Jiang Luo frowned, displeased, "You want me to eat it even when I'm uncomfortable? I've already said my throat hurts, what do you mean by this?"

Jiang Luo glanced at the last seat at the dining table, growing impatient, "I said I'd give it to you, and I've given it to you. If not this batch, there's still the second batch, and if not the second batch, there's still next year. When can I not eat? Don't be polite with me, the captain has said it's okay, hasn't he?"

The captain, having seen many rich people, found Jiang Luo's capricious behavior quite normal. He smiled and said, "If you think it's okay, then of course it's okay."

The expression on the person from the Chi family became more and more rigid, but he still tried to postpone, "I also feel bad asking for it..."

The wealthy bystanders were so annoyed they wanted to drag him away themselves, and those sitting by the dining table also grew impatient, "In the business world, you all fight fiercely over every little thing. But at such a critical moment, you start yielding to each other. What's there to feel bad about? Just pay him the original price he asked for. Blood eel is priceless; what are you dawdling for?"

Seeing the captain's gaze on him becoming deeper, the person from the Chi family swallowed any other excuses and reluctantly sat down. His complexion was unsightly, but he still had to thank Jiang Luo with a smile, and even then, he had to pay Jiang Luo.

As if that wasn't enough, Jiang Luo said, "Let's be swift in our business dealings. Transfer the money to me now."

He called over a server, "Go get the POS machine from my room."

He even said with a smile to the others, "The POS charges less in fees and has no limit, feel free to swipe."

The person from the Chi family was almost green with anger.

After receiving a large sum of money from the person from the Chi family, Jiang Luo leisurely moved aside to watch as the person from the Chi family ate the blood eel.

Of course, the person from the Chi family wouldn't just obediently eat the fish. He played a trick, eating the fish flesh into his mouth while a part of his sleeve slowly bulged out, gradually soaked by the fish soup.

However, Jiang Luo didn't point it out.

The person from the Chi family didn't have much achievement in the orthodox art of puppet soul refining, but he had learned quite a few crooked tricks. Jiang Luo could see this, but ordinary people couldn't, and he couldn't be bothered to trouble them further.

Jiang Luo leaned against the wall, his head growing more and more muddled. Hot air sprayed from his nose to his lips, igniting a burning sensation.

But aside from the heat, he also felt a chill coming from all directions, a mix of cold and hot, making his throat sore.