Chapter 154

Fear, killing intent, hatred – these are the origins of malice.

Think about the expression of resentment or fear a Chosen One might have towards him, and Jiang Luo feels a sense of relief.

How could one guide a Chosen One to harbor murderous intent or resentment towards him? Or even evoke fear?

Jiang Luo suddenly said, "You deliberately encountered my earring."

The smile on the Chosen One's lips remained unchanged, "I just felt that you had some misunderstandings about me."

This statement was an admission.

The Chosen One's eyes were gentle as he gently explained, "Since you want to see the real me, then let you see, hoping that through this opportunity, I can dispel your misunderstandings about me."

Jiang Luo became a bit interested, his eyes turning, "Did you already know I was pretending?"

The Chosen One smiled without speaking.

"Fated people are truly fated people," Jiang Luo applauded him, abandoning the pretense, curiously asking, "Then why didn't you expose me?"

"Because you did indeed harm Chi You," the Chosen One calmly said, "Regardless of the methods you used, whether you forcefully injured him or made him willingly accept your serious injury, I only saw a satisfactory result – he lost an arm because of you."

"That's enough," he said, "you've done exceptionally well, beyond my expectations."

Jiang Luo smirked, nonchalantly smiling.

The Chosen One paid no attention, then asked, "Don't you want to become a god?"

His words were soft, distant, as if they could enter the brain through the ears, making one involuntarily believe in his words, like believing in a god. "Since you can activate the Yin-Yang Circle, it means you have a desire for power beyond life and death. And the power of a god will exceed our imagination."

"Immortality, immense strength, worshipped by thousands," the Chosen One locked eyes with Jiang Luo, "Commanding clouds with a flip of your hand, causing rain with a turn. Overturning the universe, above all."

"Countless people will yearn for you; your thunder and rain will be divine blessings to them. Don't you like that?"

No one can resist such temptation.

Just the "immortality" alone is enough to stir one's heart. Especially with a living example before their eyes – the Chosen One has lived for who knows how long, yet his face remains young and handsome, like a person in their twenties or thirties. Maintaining youthful looks and never dying – who could resist such conditions?

Jiang Luo knew the Chosen One was tempting him, but his heart still thumped rapidly.

"As long as you kill the mastermind destroying the metaphysical realm, you will gain enough merit and belief, becoming a pseudo-god like me," the Chosen One looked gently at Jiang Luo, "A pseudo-god and a god are just a step away. Don't you want to become stronger?"

"I do," Jiang Luo honestly admitted, "Chosen One, your words have tempted me. It sounds simple – just kill Chi You, and I can become a pseudo-god, even if it's a pseudo-god, it's still a supreme existence in the world."

"Becoming a pseudo-god, even if it's just a pseudo-god, still positions one at the pinnacle of the world."

His hands rested on the pointed corners of the tripod-shaped incense burner, "Moreover, I have a grudge with Chi You. 'I' was killed by you using forbidden techniques, and naturally, he would want to torment and retaliate against me after his death. We inherently have a life-and-death relationship, neither sparing the other. Unexpectedly, we developed a relationship."