Chapter 186

The power of the Chosen One crazily surged into Jiang Luo's body. The air within Jiang Luo's body, too, disappeared at a terrifying speed.

The three characters written on the paper by Jiang Luo were "I Offer myself."

He had no idea how the Chosen Ones gained the power of offerings, so he might as well let the pseudo-god come and offer himself.

The Word Spirit possessed absolute power. After the Chosen Ones saw these three characters, the Word Spirit came into play. The Chosen Ones were controlled, and their internal power surged towards Jiang Luo through the form of offerings.

Jiang Luo gritted his teeth, every meridian and cell throughout his body washed over by the tremendous force of offerings.

Pain, an indescribable pain.

As if every bone was crushed and reshaped, his human body forcibly infused with a power not meant for humans. This force forcefully transformed his human body into a more robust form.

Fifteen minutes of the Harmony water had passed, but the Chosen One hadn't broken free from the control of the Word Spirit, continuously channeling the power of offerings to Jiang Luo.

The Chosen One, equally pale, felt a sudden headache. He knew clearly that he shouldn't offer himself to Jiang Luo. However, like others under his command, the Chosen One couldn't control himself. Even emotionally, he leaned towards obeying Jiang Luo's words, gazing at Jiang Luo with a complex expression – a mix of reverence, admiration, vigilance, and pain.

His consciousness was clear. In this moment, Jiang Luo seemed like a deity to him. His thoughts divided into two parts, one struggling to break free from the Word Spirit's power, the other willingly offering his power to Jiang Luo.

The Chosen One's power continued to be extracted, like a spring opening into a drain. He was too powerful, and the more he tried to break free from the Word Spirit, the more Qi it required. Jiang Luo repeatedly experienced two kinds of pain – the impact of the force of offerings on his body and the sharp pain as his Qi rapidly decreased.

He knew he was undergoing a monumental change, and he could only row against the current; not progressing meant regressing.

Incense on the table burned, three sticks after three sticks, the smoke enveloping the room in a hazy blur. The Chosen One's hand holding the incense trembled slightly. His heart palpitated incessantly, this being the most perilous moment since he became a pseudo-god.

Jiang Luo's spiritual art, unexpectedly, was the Word Spirit, as powerful as the language spirit.

How could the Chosen One have anticipated this?

Jiang Luo was drenched in sweat, steadying himself against the table.

He desperately wanted to pull the Chosen One down from the divine pedestal and kill him in one go, but how could he absorb the two centuries of the Chosen One's strength in one go?

Even if he could, Jiang Luo couldn't handle it unless he wanted to explode on the spot.

Both Jiang Luo and the Chosen One looked more and more worn out. Jiang Luo, after all, was human and couldn't endure too much pseudo-godly power. He instinctively knew that if he continued absorbing, he would die from an excess of power.

And his Qi was running out fast.

Jiang Luo's vision darkened, sometimes feeling mighty enough to transcend humanity, and other times vulnerable enough to be killed by a three-year-old child. His body was in distress, but the intense pain made his mind even clearer.