Chapter 145

Feng Li, this seemingly rigid person, indeed harbored dirty secrets.

Indeed, the world is full of dark crows.

A smirk played on Jiang Luo's lips as he released Feng Li's hand. Feng Li paused, slowly straightened up, and gazed deeply at Jiang Luo.

The mist veiled their figures, making it difficult for onlookers on the shore to see clearly. Jiang Luo couldn't fathom what was on Feng Li's mind, and he had no interest in finding out. However, he noticed a subtle intensification in the faint impurities on Feng Li's body, akin to ribbons dispersing, gracefully and unnoticed, then purified by the spring pool when least expected.

Wanting to scrutinize further, Jiang Luo was interrupted by a hurried child running towards them, exclaiming, "Master, something's wrong! The formation on the mountain has been destroyed!"

Wei He, the Daoist, was taken aback, "What?!"

Ten minutes later, everyone gathered at the edge of the formation.

Although this mountain didn't belong to the Lian family, only Lian family members could reach the summit. There were two formations at the "Inauspicious Thoughts" location—one at the entrance and another further out preventing ordinary people from reaching the summit. The damaged formation mentioned by the child was the larger external one.

Jiang Luo, now dressed, also joined them. He squatted beside the formation, observing the blackened traces on the ground.

The Chosen One  assessed the extent of the damage, saying casually, "Completely destroyed."

Wei He's expression darkened, "This formation has persisted for two or three decades. Who could have broken it?"

"Ah!" The child exclaimed again, tugging at Wei He's sleeve and pointing to the internal formation at the entrance of "Inauspicious Thoughts," "Master, look quickly!"

Everyone turned to look, and they saw a gray smoke emerging out of thin air at the entrance, reminiscent of smoke from burning firewood. This indicated that something had collided with the formation, burnt by it into smoke.

Wei He was furious, "Who did this?!"

He hurriedly rushed over to inspect.

Except for Wei He, the others weren't in a hurry. The funeral shop owner walked beside Jiang Luo, shaking his head, "Whoever thought of coming here must have a death wish. We have a The Chosen One , a Celestial Master, and an old Daoist here. Isn't this seeking trouble?"

Jiang Luo wasn't concerned about the intruder's identity. He touched his ear, "Lao Ji, this thing is quite useful. How did you refine it?"

After realizing Jiang Luo's nature, Ji Yaozi became wary upon hearing this, "What do you want? You're not thinking of wholesale, are you?"

Jiang Luo nodded earnestly, "In pairs. I feel like I'm missing one earring."

"You think once a day entering someone else's inner world is too little," Ji Yaozi rolled his eyes and said directly, "But you can only do it once a day, no matter how many Soul-Capturing Pendants you have. Do you think projecting the soul is an easy task? Once a day is already quite challenging. I only gave you this earring because your soul is unusually strong and perfectly synchronized with your body. Be content with that."

Regretfully, Jiang Luo abandoned the idea of getting another Soul-Capturing Pendant.

Taking advantage of everyone being busy with the broken formation, Jiang Luo seized the opportunity, saying, "Lao Ji, I have something to do. Watch over people for me."