Chapter 14

The Feng family's rise to become one of the six major sects was precisely due to their Celestial Master heritage. A Celestial Master would only pass on their teachings to members of the Feng family, yet a single Celestial Master could take dozens or even hundreds of disciples. The vast accumulation of family background over the years was beyond the imagination of ordinary people.

Feng Li was the youngest and strongest Celestial Master in recent years.

His original body was a disciple of a disciple of the previous Celestial Master, technically a generation below Feng Li, and should have taken the initiative to greet Feng Li. However, within the multitude of Feng family disciples, his original self was an insignificant figure whom nobody remembered. Jiang Luo didn't think Feng Li would remember him, and adhering to the principle that less trouble is better than more, he couldn't be bothered to make the effort.

As Feng Li's figure disappeared downstairs, Jiang Luo indifferently retracted his gaze, "Let's go. Didn't you say you wanted to try the local crossing-the-bridge noodles?"

The two went out and found a rather famous restaurant to order a portion of crossing-the-bridge noodles. A variety of mixed ingredients were put together, with the bowl of noodles bigger than Jiang Luo's face. He rolled up his sleeves, and both he and Lu You devoured a whole bowl each.

After eating in the school cafeteria for a month, Jiang Luo finally understood why Ye Xun and Lu You could be moved to tears by just eating spicy shredded potatoes.

After their meal, they bought a portion of fresh flower cakes to take back to their companions.

The hotel's lobby was bustling with students coming and going. As Jiang Luo and Lu You entered through the side door, they saw a group of students standing silently in the lobby, each as nervous as if they were facing a teacher.

From the deepest part of the crowd, a detached voice emerged: "Which school in Southern Fujian constructed this fox spirit altar? Take it down."

Lu Youyi whispered, "Southern Fujian has the custom of venerating fox spirits."

A student, flushed and embarrassed, stood up. "Mr. Feng, I was the one who offered worship. But I did it alone in my room. Why should it be taken down?"

"You've broken the rules," Feng Li said indifferently. "Knowing how to venerate the fox spirit, why didn't you consider whether this place was appropriate for such worship?"

Feng Li's tone wasn't harsh, yet it made everyone tense up, unwilling to meet his gaze.

Jiang Luo and Lu Youyi hid behind the crowd, watching the excitement. Feng Li and the other judges seemed to be inspecting the students' rooms one by one. The students were terrified, fearing their rooms would reveal faults.

Lu Youyi nudged Jiang Luo: "You didn't bring any prohibited items, did you?"

Jiang Luo: "I'm poor and have nothing."

Lu Youyi, relieved: "Me neither. For charms, I'd come to you, and for refining tools, I'd go to Kuang Zheng. We're both poor and safe."

Jiang Luo: "..." Your kind of poor is not quite the same as mine.

Anticipating the judges would soon reach their floor, they returned to their room first. Jiang Luo went to deliver fresh flower cakes to Ye Xun and the others. Upon his return, Lu Youyi was watching TV on the couch, informing him, "They've already finished the inspection."

Jiang Luo was slightly surprised: "That was quick?"

Lu Youyi nodded, waving a piece of paper, "The competition notice is also out."