Chapter 102

His words rendered the scene silent for a moment.

A member of the Chi family sneered and took the lead in responding, "Chi You, don't talk big. They might not know, but how could I not? I am your third uncle. All these people from the Chi family are related to you by blood or marriage; you can't harm us."

The speaker was indeed a Chi family member, known as Chi Lao San, who had a mole on the tip of his nose. He was a senior of the previous generation in the Chi family and a contemporary of Chi Zhongye, who was temporarily acting as the head of the Chi family. Chi Lao San had two older brothers, and their status within the Chi family was quite low. The family would delegate them to handle unsavory tasks, and they were known for their sinister methods.

Their connection to the direct line was distant at best, sharing only a bit of common blood from their ancestors. When Chi You was alive, Chi Lao San would not dare to call himself his uncle.

Relying on the curse that Chi You was believed to carry, which supposedly prevented the direct line from harming the collateral lines, he brazenly threatened, "Chi You, don't think you can escape today!"

Even as an evil spirit, dressed in a suit, the former head of the Chi family sighed, "Yes, I cannot harm you."

The Chi family members couldn't help but show smug expressions. Just as Chi Lao San was about to signal others to encircle, he was suddenly choked by a swirl of black mist and brought before Chi You.

He struggled desperately, his eyes bulging and his face turning red, "Cough, cough, let go—cough!"

"Third uncle?" The evil spirit, surrounded by a sinister aura, asked with interest, "How come I don't remember having a third uncle?"

The faces of Chi Lao Da and Chi Lao Er, who had previously pursued Jiang Luo, changed drastically, "Lao San!"

The patience of the evil spirit diminished, and he coldly asked, "Who drugged him?"

Chi Lao San found it increasingly difficult to breathe, and at that moment, he finally realized that Chi You would indeed kill him, even if he was cursed!

He let out a "hehe" sound, painfully admitting, "I—I drugged him!"

The evil spirit's gaze returned to him, seemingly enlightened, "Oh, it was you."

"Then I really should thank you," the evil spirit said with a corner of his lips raised, seemingly in a good mood, "It's all thanks to you that I could have such a comfortable experience."

Tears and snot running down his face, Chi Lao San laughed as if he had narrowly escaped death. He thought he would survive, but just as a look of relief appeared on his face, the next moment, a bony hand pierced through his chest.

This pale ghost hand clutched his heart, and in the last few seconds of his life, Chi Lao San incredulously looked at Chi You, tremblingly saying, "You—you said—"

The evil spirit crushed his heart.

"Did I say I wouldn't let you be the first to die?" The evil spirit sighed, "How could you believe what I said."

Chi Lao San fell from the black mist onto the ground. In the instant of his death, Chi You's lips also bled. He chuckled, his laughter transitioning from low to high, becoming more and more manic, "So, the backlash from killing you all is just this much."

He laughed as he wiped the blood from the corner of his lips, looking towards a group of people by the door.

As the warm light of dusk fell through the window onto his body, the malicious spirit's eyes remained dark and gloomy, casting a desolate and chilling murderous intent even within the warmth.