Chapter 18

Bai Yefeng was not just one of those ordinary people in the bar. According to Wen Renlian, Bai Yefeng was among the top of his peers. Could someone like him really be possessed and manipulated by Chi You as easily as said?

On the way back, Jiang Luo kept probing Wen Renlian about Bai Yefeng, "Is this guy really that impressive?"

"Very impressive," Wen Renlian said, "What's more impressive than his strength is his popularity."

Wen Renlian paused, seemingly cautious of hitting a sore spot for Jiang Luo, "He has many followers, considered by some to be the second Chi You."

Jiang Luo almost couldn't help but laugh, "The second Chi You?"

"Yes," Zhuo Zhongqiu chimed in, "Bai Yefeng has been imitating Chi You for about four or five years now. His behavior, mannerisms, and way of handling things have become more and more like Chi You's, and that's when he started to gain fame. When Chi You died, he even rushed to attend Chi You's funeral."

Jiang Luo pondered, "I see."

That gave him a reason for Bai Yefeng's targeting of him.

Perhaps Bai Yefeng had heard the lie he had fabricated. As a follower of Chi You, it was possible that Bai Yefeng targeted him because of the "Chi You liked him" rumor.

If that was the case, then Bai Yefeng might not necessarily be a puppet of Chi You.

But just to be safe, Jiang Luo decided to dig deeper into Bai Yefeng's background.

Once the group returned to the hotel, Teacher Wan led them to a restaurant for a celebratory meal, patting Jiang Luo and the others on the back throughout the meal, "Good fellows, good fellows! Our school is going to be famous this time!"

From praising Seylor to Jiang Luo, Seylor and Lu Youyi were both embarrassed, "It's all Jiang Luo's merit. He led us through the formation."

Teacher Wan slapped Jiang Luo on the back again, "Good, good! Even with Chi You gone, he can rest in peace. The prodigal son returns, I have high hopes for you!"

Jiang Luo somberly said, "…Teacher, how do you know about me and Chi You."

Everyone at the table who was enjoying the spectacle suddenly looked down.

Jiang Luo silently scanned over their heads. Gossip really was the hardest secret to keep; who knows how many others knew about "Chi You liking Jiang Luo."

Jiang Luo was truly grateful to them, almost wanting to rush up and hug them each, shouting "Great people."

After the celebration, they had five days of rest. But these five days weren't truly for resting; they had received the clue for the next challenge and had to maintain their advantage. During these days, they had to at least find out the location of the next challenge and gather as much information about the place as possible.

The number of schools expanded in 2012 was far from small, especially since the clue didn't specify whether the school was an elementary, middle, high school, or university. Jiang Luo felt it was uncertain whether they could find the next location among so many schools, but Wen Renlian and the others were satisfied. According to them, getting a useful clue was already something to be thankful for.

Three days later, they had narrowed down the potential competition sites to ten schools.

The information on the ten schools was printed out in eight copies. After Wen Renlian forced them to study it for a day, even Lu Youyi, who had the worst memory, could recall most of it.

Jiang Luo also learned more about Bai Yefeng.

Bai Yefeng was unremarkable until high school, but something changed five years ago. He suddenly surged ahead, gradually revealing his talent and strength, and took Chi You as a role model for his life. Gifted and approachable, Bai Yefeng's fame grew, and at Shanhai University, his followers were everywhere.