Chapter 82

Holding the ginseng doll, Jiang Luo kept thinking about the chosen one's matter on the way back. However, as he walked, he felt his sleeve getting wet.

Looking down, he saw the ginseng doll pitifully using his sleeve to wipe its tears, occasionally stealing glances at him, waiting for Jiang Luo to notice it was crying.

Jiang Luo laughed, his lips curving up. But with a heart of stone, he pretended not to notice on purpose.

The ginseng doll became anxious, pulling at his sleeve, in a whiny voice, "Can you let me go?"

Jiang Luo smiled kindly, "I cannot."

The ginseng doll cried, "But if you don't let me go, I'll be eaten."

Jiang Luo replied pitifully, "But if I let you go, I'll have my legs broken."

The ginseng doll was stunned, clearly not expecting someone to be immune to its plea.

Jiang Luo's expression changed, and he scoffed, flicking the doll, "Little kid, acting pitiful won't work with me. If you want others to spare you, just being pitiful isn't enough."

The little ginseng seemed to ponder.

*

In the living room, after Jiang Luo left, Feng Li took the main seat, looking towards Jiang Luo's classmates, and said indifferently, "Speak."

Wen Renlian said, "While you were out, Chi You came looking for Jiang Luo again. Last night during dinner, Chi You appeared openly. But last night's meeting wasn't a bad thing, Jiang Luo and Chi You had a disagreement, and Jiang Luo is about to come to his senses."

Feng Li, with an impassive face, rubbed his thumbs together for a moment, "How many times have they met?"

Wen Renlian conservatively said, "No more than twice."

He smiled, "Jiang Luo is with us all day, either carrying out school missions or staying within the school. A person's whereabouts can be traced, but ghosts appear and disappear unpredictably, hard to guard against."

The underlying message was to inform Feng Li that it was Chi You who sought Jiang Luo, and it was not Jiang Luo's fault.

Feng Li didn't show whether he believed it or not, saying, "Since you've come to the Celestial Masters Mansion, stay for a few days. Tomorrow the Celestial Masters Mansion will hold a lecture, and I will notify your school."

Wen Renlian and the others exchanged glances.

Except for Qi Ye, who was called back home last night, and the living dead ghost who couldn't conveniently come to the Celestial Masters Mansion, the rest were here.

Zhuo Zhongqiu smiled generously, taking the initiative to say, "Then we'll trouble the celestial master."

Feng Li turned his head, "Wudu, go arrange rooms for them."

Soon, only he was left in the living room. Feng Li closed his eyes, patiently waiting for a moment, then heard Jiang Luo's footsteps.

"Sir," Jiang Luo said, "The ancestor does not want the sentient ginseng doll."

Feng Li breathed shallowly, slowly saying, "Wait for your senior brother to return, and have him send another one over."

"As for this one..."

Before he could finish, he heard the little ginseng crisply say, "Daddy!"

Feng Li and Jiang Luo were both startled, turning to look at the little ginseng. They saw it clinging to Jiang Luo's finger, with a look of impending tears, "Daddy, you have to protect me."