Chapter 166

When Jiang Luo first got out of bed, he didn't feel anything, but after walking for a while, he began to sense the discomfort in his body.

This discomfort was akin to the withering of plants due to lack of water—limbs weakened, spirits exhausted. Jiang Luo attempted to use spirit communication once more, only to find his whole body stinging painfully, unable to form words.

It was then that he remembered; in his dream, he had depleted the energy within him.

Contemplating, Jiang Luo realized he entered the dream as a spiritual entity, leaving his physical body drained of energy. Could it be that energy is something within the soul?

As expected, this wasn't unexpected. After all, Jiang Luo was a genius, unlike the original owner. The only difference between him and the original was the disparity in their souls.

He leisurely sought out Ji Yaotzi and together they went to bid farewell to Master Wei He on their way down the mountain.

On the way, Ji Yaotzi was puzzled, "Didn't we agree for you to come down after mastering spirit communication?"

Suppressing discomfort, Jiang Luo calmly replied, "I've already mastered it. The trial is about to begin at the foot of the mountain, and to prevent any mishaps, I'd better descend first."

Ji Yaotzi was astonished, "You learned it overnight?"

Nodding, Jiang Luo looked nonchalant as he explained, "I tried many things last night, but none felt right. In the end, I decided to communicate with plants, aligning with my preferences. I won't showcase it now; I'm not yet proficient. Once I master it, I'll give you a proper demonstration."

Frowning, Ji Yaotzi expressed some disappointment, "Wood, huh."

After using spirit communication in the dream, Jiang Luo realized the astonishing power of connecting with Chinese characters. Using just the character for "water," he could flood an entire city. With the incredible combination of his abundant energy and the spirituality of Chinese characters, it was a match made in heaven. Upon waking up, he decided to keep this spirit communication ability a secret, a hidden card in his deck.

Not that he distrusted Ji Yaotzi, but the fewer people who knew about this trump card, the more unexpected it could be for enemies. Especially with Ji Yaotzi being close to the chosen one, who possessed miraculous methods and even mind-controlling abilities. What if Ji Yaotzi revealed Jiang Luo's ability to connect with tens of thousands of Chinese characters? It could be exploited by the chosen one.

Playing dumb and playing it safe—that was the wisest approach.

Jiang Luo glanced at Ji Yaotzi, teasingly asking, "What's wrong, don't like plants?"

Shaking his head, Ji Yaotzi replied, "All things have spirits; there's no distinction between superior or inferior. Plants can certainly work. If you perfect this technique, it'll be a formidable skill."

During the conversation, they had already reached the door of Master Wei He's meditation room. Master Wei He, aware that Jiang Luo intended to resign and leave, didn't object but teased, "Look at you, your master just left yesterday, and now you want to leave too. Alright, alright, I won't stop you. You young people, staying patiently here for a month is already commendable. After you pack your things, I'll have a servant guide you down the mountain."

Jiang Luo and Master Wei He exchanged thanks, and seeing the weariness on Master Wei He's face, Jiang Luo voluntarily left the meditation room.

After a brief reminder from Ji Yaotzi to diligently cultivate, Jiang Luo returned to his room to pack.