Chapter 190

Revealing the information about the dragon veins made Master Weihe's stance clear. After treating Jiang Luo, he spoke sternly, "Until you find the dragon veins for tempering your body, I will find ways to alleviate your pain. I hope you can release my people, at least provide them with rooms to rest."

He dared not look at Chi You, but Chi You, instead, seemed amused. His laughter transitioned from suppressed chuckles to hearty laughter. It only stopped when Master Weihe's body became increasingly rigid. Chi You, absent-mindedly, said, "Once you show tangible progress, I will agree to your request."

Master Weihe, disturbed by his laughter, refrained from saying much and was led away by Teng Bi.

The next morning, to prevent his people from suffering further, Master Weihe found ways to alleviate Jiang Luo's pain.

His shamanistic skills were exceptionally advanced, and on that day, Jiang Luo's symptoms showed slight improvement.

Searching for the dragon veins and dealing with the fated one both required time, but days continued to pass.

Jiang Luo found life increasingly challenging, not because of his physical condition but because of Chi You.

Since agreeing to Chi You's pursuit, every time he faced Chi You, although Jiang Luo didn't show it, there was a subtle sense of unease in his heart.

In the three days since confirming their romantic relationship, their private moments had been avoided by Jiang Luo. However, his evasion was subtle, making it seem like they were in the same space but never quite together. Each time Chi You saw Jiang Luo, he was either sleeping or busy with something.

During the nights when Jiang Luo pretended to sleep, he could feel the intense gaze of the demon. It was like a scorching wolf or tiger, and also like a cold, viscous snake. With each passing day, the presence of that gaze became more palpable. Every time Chi You looked at him, Jiang Luo felt as if his spine would develop two holes under that scrutiny.

Jiang Luo pretended not to know, his body turned away from Chi You, shrinking further towards the inside, keeping a safe distance from the demon.

Sharing a bed with the demon was akin to plotting with a tiger for its skin, but over the past few days, Jiang Luo hadn't been bitten by this old tiger.

His feelings were complicated. Whenever he saw Chi You, he couldn't help but want to provoke him, a subtle teasing that ignited a fire between them, enjoying the sensation of testing each other like tigers pulling fur from each other's mouths—an addictive flavor. Yet, once Chi You was out of Jiang Luo's sight, his rationality instantly returned, urging him to step back into the role of a normal enemy.

Until the evening of the fourth day, after Jiang Luo had finished bathing and was planning to play the same trick of pretending to sleep early, upon entering the bedroom, he found the demon already waiting for him.

The demon was impeccably dressed in a sharp suit, as if about to attend a banquet. Patiently, he sat in a chair, seemingly oblivious to how long he had been waiting for Jiang Luo.

Seeing his imminent departure and the thin lips lifted high, Jiang Luo's scalp tingled. He feigned composure, drying his hair without a trace, tightening his bathrobe discreetly. "Are you going out?"

"Yes," the demon smirked, "since becoming lovers, we haven't had a proper time alone. Tonight presents a great opportunity."

Jiang Luo felt the demon's inherently sinister nature almost resurfacing but managed to suppress it with reason. "...Not tonight, it's quite late now."