Chapter 199

Jiang Luo watched helplessly as Teng Bi died.

He was somewhat confused about what was happening now, but he knew that he had died at the bottom of Longquan, yet now he had come back to life, while Teng Bi had died instead.

Was it Teng Bi... who saved him?

Jiang Luo looked bewilderedly at Teng Bi, whose complexion was ashen, and then realized he was being held. He looked up to see a face, bloodied and unrecognizable.

Two bloody holes stared intently at Jiang Luo, causing a sharp pain in his heart, "Chi... You."

Chi You's once handsome and graceful appearance was gone, he looked like a skinless monster, with blood still flowing from his body.

He quietly looked at Jiang Luo, gently stroking his face as if a bit more force would kill Jiang Luo.

This was the deepest part of the dragon's vein, how could Chi You be here!

Why did Teng Bi die? Where was the Chosen One?

Jiang Luo's expression grew darker, he had many questions, but he could not utter a single word, just blankly looking at Chi You, then at Teng Bi again.

He knew now was not the time to worry about these things, his priority should be to take the severely injured Chi You away, along with Teng Bi's body and his last words.

But Jiang Luo still couldn't believe it, his eyes starting to sting.

How could Teng Bi just die like that.

After a while, he stretched out trembling hands to close Teng Bi's eyes. Jiang Luo gently pulled away Chi You's arm around him and slowly stood up.

He was still very weak, the pain lingering. But Jiang Luo felt his body becoming incredibly strong.

The power of devotion would no longer trouble his body. Once recovered, his physical strength would be at least ten times stronger than a human's.

This feeling was not of becoming a god or a demi-god, Jiang Luo was clear about that, he felt more like a living dead like Teng Bi, just that his body contained the power of devotion.

This was fine with Jiang Luo; he did not wish to become a demi-god. He reached out towards Longquan, and suddenly, a golden python emerged from the spring, coiling a yin-yang ring and brought it to Jiang Luo's hand.

Jiang Luo closed his eyes, and said word by word: "The Chosen One."

The python, affected by its master's rage, started darting chaotically within the cave. Jiang Luo picked up Teng Bi's great sword, lifted the severely injured Chi You, draping Chi You's arm over his shoulder.

He looked at Teng Bi lying on the ground, turned his head away with a dry voice explaining, "Teng Bi, Chi You's injuries can't be delayed, I'll take him out first, then come back for you."

Jiang Luo paused, then added, "I will carry all your words."

Jiang Luo hurriedly took Chi You out of the ancient tomb, placing him in a secluded forest.

Jiang Luo did not know if the Chosen One had truly left, nor was he sure if there would be others wanting to kill Chi You.

He hid Chi You in a safe place where no one frequented and quickly set up a protective formation next to him, fearing that Chi You might be attacked.

Chi You silently watched him busy himself, his eyes never leaving Jiang Luo.

Jiang Luo felt a softening in his heart, he composed himself and softly said, "Wait here for me, I'll bring Teng Bi back, it will take no more than fifteen minutes."