Chapter 87

Lu Youyi was extremely fortunate to draw the master card, and although Jiang Luo was frustrated, a better plan emerged in his mind.

He no longer obstructed them but pretended to be extremely dissatisfied with a poor person drawing the master card, saying, "Why is there a master card in the commoner's box?"

The server was not surprised by his reaction and soothingly said, "Sir, please understand, the results of the draw are beyond our prediction."

Jiang Luo scoffed, folding his arms and standing aside, "Then I'll just see what else they can draw."

Although Lu Youyi and his companions came together, they were in pairs and pretended not to know each other. The six of them quickly finished drawing their cards, and as Jiang Luo had predicted, except for Lu Youyi, the others drew the slave card.

Jiang Luo sneered, taking pleasure in their misfortune, "That's all they are capable of."

He seemed to lose interest and turned to go back to the ballroom. As he was leaving, he seemed to remember something, stopped, and turned to ask the server, "What happens if another master and I are interested in the same slave?"

"The matter naturally depends on the negotiation between the two masters," the server replied, "There are no strict prohibitions here; everything is permissible, and we do not intervene."

The server then asked, "Aren't you going to draw again?"

Jiang Luo inquired, "If I'm not satisfied with the draw, can I keep drawing until I am satisfied?"

The server shook his head, "Even for you, there is only one additional opportunity to draw."

"Then never mind," Jiang Luo said ungraciously, "I'd rather look for my lost crown card."

The server smiled, "Then I wish you good luck."

The group split into two and entered the hall. Soon, eight people gathered in an unnoticed corner.

Wen Renlian quietly asked, "Did you lose your card?"

Jiang Luo shook his head, "I drew the slave card. The lost card was just an excuse for me to redraw, but I didn't have much hope for success. There were second and third plans, and fortunately, Ge Zhu drew the master card. I could have teamed up with him, but since the master and servant roles could still change, that plan was not feasible."

Facing such a severe situation, the rest of the group couldn't help but show worry. But then, Jiang Luo suddenly laughed, "Originally, with only one master card held by Ge Zhu, there wasn't much I could do. But now that we have two master cards, we have a great deal of room to manipulate the situation."

His eyes gleaming, he focused on Lu Youyi, "First, we need to let everyone know that a commoner has drawn a master card."

*

The liquor was fragrant, the dance hall buzzed with activity, and while the sea breeze outside was chilly, inside it was as warm as spring.

The fragrance of young women and the scent of men's tobacco mingled, and among the bustling crowd, the wealthy were toasting and scrutinizing others with the eyes of hunters sizing up their prey.

But suddenly, a commotion broke out among the crowd.

The wealthy looked up, "What's happening over there?"

A server carrying a tray said, "A wealthy person took interest in a commoner, but that commoner claimed not to be a slave."

A commoner who isn't a slave? Intriguing.