Chapter 198

The chosen one observed as Chi You leaped into the Dragon Spring. This action was not the ultimate purpose of the chosen one.

The chosen one had pushed Jiang Luo into the Dragon Spring to save him, but Chi You's decision to jump into the Dragon Spring for Jiang Luo was unrelated to the chosen one.

The relationship between the Dragon Spring and evil spirits is akin to a moth drawn to flame. It was highly likely that Chi You would perish, but if he was fortunate enough, he might avoid death and only suffer severe injuries.

Watching Chi You plunge into the Dragon Spring, the chosen one indeed breathed a sigh of relief, but also felt an indescribable complexity of emotions.

The chosen one knew Jiang Luo held a special place for Chi You, but he also believed that Chi You's willingness to sacrifice himself for Jiang Luo was only a thirty percent possibility.

He had not anticipated that Chi You could go to such lengths for Jiang Luo.

The chosen one was momentarily lost in thought, forgetting that there was a formidable undead on the shore. Caught off guard, the chosen one was impaled through the chest by Teng Bi. Looking down at the great sword piercing his chest, the chosen one glanced at Teng Bi indifferently, then suddenly smiled.

Teng Bi watched him warily, pulling out his great sword to continue the assault, when the chosen one suddenly said, "He is your last chance."

After speaking, the chosen one took a deep look at the pond. Having done what he needed to, there was no reason for him to stay any longer. The next second, the chosen one left the body of the vessel.

The body, dressed in a Republic of China style mandarin jacket, suddenly lost consciousness and fell backward. Teng Bi was startled and immediately stabbed the body several times with his sword, ensuring it was dead beyond any doubt. Turning around, he saw that Chi You had already rolled onto the shore, holding Jiang Luo.

Chi You's current state was horrifying. He was disfigured, with smoke from corrosion and burns emanating from his body, and the arms holding Jiang Luo had turned into white bones. Just as Teng Bi was about to ask about Jiang Luo's condition, he noticed Chi You's slow and stiff movements.

Teng Bi saw his trembling hands and suddenly had a terrifying suspicion that sent chills down his spine.

His gaze shifted to Jiang Luo, and he carefully called out, "Jiang Luo?"

But as he spoke, Teng Bi realized his voice was hoarse and trembling, as a formless terror swiftly spread throughout the cave.

The dark-haired young man lying on the ground showed no response.

Teng Bi's heart skipped a beat, and he tried to sound casual as he raised his voice, "Jiang Luo."

Still, there was only silence.

This oppressive silence made it hard to breathe, as if a tempest raged just above the surface, causing a severe drop in the chest and difficulty breathing, a sensation akin to suffocation due to lack of oxygen.

Chi You experienced a burning pain throughout his body. He calmly looked at Jiang Luo, pressing forcefully on Jiang Luo's chest with his hands that had turned to bone.

Jiang Luo had his eyes closed, his expression serene as if he had drifted to sleep. Drops of water rolled off his skin, falling onto Chi You's bony hands, bringing a sizzle of burning smoke with them.

Jiang Luo's body trembled with Chi You's movements, yet his chest remained still, without any rise or fall.

Pieces of rotting flesh fell from Chi You onto Jiang Luo. Pressing once or twice did nothing, so Chi You increased the pace of his pressing.