Chapter 183

Outside, the commotion had just erupted when Feng Li and the Old Grandmaster sensed trouble.

As expected, someone quickly came to inform them about the disturbance outside. However, Feng Li and the Old Grandmaster remained unmoved, sitting calmly.

The Old Grandmaster, with closed eyes, appeared as if he were dozing off. The master and disciple duo sat in silence, facing each other in a silent standoff.

After a moment, someone rushed over, "Grandmaster, Senior Brother Jiang Luo is on the rooftop of the Astrology Tower, seems like he's about to jump!"

Feng Li, usually composed, showed a slight change in expression. He stood up, ready to leave.

"Feng Li," the aged voice of the Old Grandmaster resounded, carrying a hint of disapproval.

Feng Li paused, turning to look at the Old Grandmaster.

"Have you forgotten what I just told you?" the Old Grandmaster said, "You are not allowed to leave the premises today."

"I remember," Feng Li replied calmly, "but I still need to go out."

"Even if you know that leaving will have unfavorable consequences?" the Old Grandmaster asked.

Feng Li's tone remained indifferent, "Yes."

With that, he strode away.

The Old Grandmaster's expression turned solemn. He sighed and followed suit.

*

No one could halt Chi You's madness and desires, much like no one could prevent him from destroying the realm of metaphysics. Contrary to Ge Wuchen's statement about making Chi You willing to sacrifice his life, Jiang Luo, who truly understood Chi You, knew that when Chi You took actions to demonstrate his interest in someone, he was suppressing his own desires for that person.

Only when Chi You was willing to restrain his anger and madness for Jiang Luo did it signify that he had truly put reins on Jiang Luo.

"You're afraid I'll get hurt," these words, when spoken, earned a mocking smile from Chi You, yet he couldn't come up with any retort.

Realizing this, he gradually became expressionless.

Jiang Luo's gaze seemed to completely penetrate Chi You, and the more Chi You's expression changed, the more joyful Jiang Luo felt. Even the swaying of his left foot had a hint of secret pleasure.

Chi You remained silent.

But the more silent he was, the more it confirmed Jiang Luo's words.

Jiang Luo felt that tonight's air suddenly became refreshing and delightful, and even the people running around on the ground seemed cute and pitiful. Even Feng Li, who arrived with a stern face—

Feng Li?

Jiang Luo took a closer look, and indeed, it was Feng Li.

As he glanced down, a sudden ghost broke through the defenses and appeared beside him. Swiftly, it lifted him off the ground, and before Jiang Luo could react, it leaped off the third floor, landing with him in its arms.

Caught off guard by the sudden weightlessness, Jiang Luo instinctively grabbed onto the ghost's neck.

"You mother—," a cold wind rushed into his throat. Jiang Luo coughed twice, and Chi You had already landed on the ground, still holding him.

The ghost carried him outside, taunting, "Jumped off the building, and you didn't die?"

Jiang Luo's fist itched, and he deliberately smiled, saying, "Chi You, are you avoiding the topic? So, are you afraid I'll get hurt?"