Chapter 150

Cooperation?

...

Hehe.

Jiang Luo's crude remark halted in his throat before he uttered it; he said expressionlessly, "Yes, let's cooperate."

Chi You effortlessly responded, "Continue."

Jiang Luo stated, "The person you're looking for is the Chosen One."

Chi You raised an eyebrow.

"But I don't want to confront him yet."

Jiang Luo crossed his arms, scrutinizing, "Is he the man who bestowed the ancestral ghost patterns upon the Chi family?"

"Oh, you overheard our conversation," Chi You realized, "using your rat? No wonder you targeted Ge Wuchen before."

Ignoring his attempt to divert the topic, Jiang Luo continued, "Your goal is to kill the Chosen One. Coincidentally, I don't seem to like him either. We share the same objective, so let's temporarily set aside our grievances and deal with the Chosen One first."

Chi You squinted, "Is the person you most want to kill the Chosen One or me?"

Jiang Luo wanted to ask him where he got the audacity to pose that question, sneering, "The Chosen One is much more likable than you."

"Quite disheartening," Chi You's expression seemed satisfied, "How do you want to proceed?"

Rolling his eyes, Jiang Luo replied, "How about you start by explaining why you think now isn't the time to confront the Chosen One?"

The demon remained silent, but Jiang Luo eagerly spoke on his behalf.

"Because you still can't beat him now? Or is there some threat he holds over you?" The black-haired youth, who had just been bullied, completely forgot the previous unpleasant encounter and playfully circled around the demon, testing his patience, "I've never seen the Chosen One's methods. He looks not young, yet his appearance is remarkably youthful. Is he immortal? But who in the world can defy aging?"

"Regardless of whether he's human or something else, he's formidable. Of course, you're strong too," Jiang Luo smirked at Chi You, continuing, "But your soul is fragmented, refined into four elemental celestial beads. You've got two, I have one, and where's the last one?"

"Probably in the hands of the Chosen One," Jiang Luo answered his own question, "He's the mastermind behind the mirrored world. To make me see your true nature, the essence of sin, he fabricated a youth version of you. However, he also knew that if it's just a fabricated Chi You, no matter how ruthless, it won't resonate with me because I understand it's not the real you. He wants me to harbor the intention to kill you, so he needs the mirrored Chi You to appear authentically enough to make me see him as the real you—the Chi You I spent a week with in the mirrored world is probably the last elemental celestial bead."

The demon gazed at Jiang Luo, who spoke confidently, as if he saw constellations in his eyes.

The black-haired youth chuckled, saying, "If the mirrored Chi You is indeed another elemental celestial bead, then he is a part of you. The Chosen One has calculated everything, including your reactions. He's familiar with you. Though I don't know who he is, he might..."

Be an alchemist.

Suddenly, Jiang Luo touched the Yin-Yang Ring, fingers tracing the clearly defined golden inscriptions on its surface, his eyes growing serious.

Chi You's soul, was it really refined into an elemental celestial bead by the Chosen One?

No, it couldn't be just that...