Chapter 167

Monkey Brother and Jiang Luo shared a telepathic connection. Sensing what Jiang Luo was pondering, it angrily stomped in place, chattering furiously, pointing accusingly at Jiang Luo's nose.

The monkey, among the twelve zodiac signs in the Yin-Yang Circle, was the most volatile. Because Jiang Luo had not summoned it first, it held a significant grudge. Amidst the crisis, this mischievous troublemaker emerged, aggravating Jiang Luo's despair as he watched it jump around.

The more desperate Jiang Luo felt, the angrier Monkey Brother became. It even sprawled on the ground, facing Jiang Luo with its buttocks, ignoring Lian Xue. Instead, it used both claws to wildly scrape snow backward on the ground, covering Jiang Luo's face with snow through the gap between its hind legs.

Jiang Luo: "..."

In the next moment, Lian Xue's attacks closed in again. Jiang Luo narrowly dodged, but his down jacket suffered a gaping hole.

This was not going well.

Jiang Luo had given up on Monkey Brother. Just as he was about to come up with another idea, Monkey Brother, seemingly provoked, stood up and angrily scolded Lian Xue, as if enraged by her assault on Jiang Luo.

Lian Xue glanced casually at Monkey Brother. She gently spread her hands, and the accumulated snow on the ground lifted, swirling around her, gradually forming a snowball big enough to crush someone.

She lifted the snowball into the air with her hands, casting a dark shadow over Jiang Luo.

Jiang Luo's right eyelid twitched repeatedly. He struggled to get up from the snowy ground, holding onto Monkey Brother, and exerted all his strength to run away.

Lian Xue remained expressionless, hurling the snowball at Jiang Luo. The snowball, whistling through the air, gradually closed in on him. Jiang Luo furrowed his brow, striving to move his weary legs.

As he was about to be struck by the snowball, Monkey Brother, nestled in his arms, suddenly wriggled and leaped out, climbing down his thighs. It abruptly embraced Jiang Luo's legs.

In the next instant, Jiang Luo and the monkey vanished from the spot.

With a "thud," the snowball landed. Lian Xue tilted her head, gazing at the spot where Jiang Luo disappeared.

She walked over, moved the snowball aside, crouched down, and gently swept away the snow on the ground. Emerging from the cold ground, covered by layers of snow, was a vibrant vine, as thick as a finger.

The lively vine touched Lian Xue's fingers, rapidly growing and spreading upwards. Lian Xue released her grip, standing up.

At the mountaintop.

The Fated One opened his eyes, contemplating, "Jiang Luo indeed connected with the wood spirit."

"At the critical moment, he escaped using the underground vines."

"Well, at least," the Fated One sighed, "Wood spirits might not be formidable, but at least they won't be a cause for concern."

With a sidelong glance at the Daoist Wei He, who seemed lost in thought, Ji Yaozi asked, "Concerned about what?"

The Fated One remained silent.

He gazed at the scenery outside the window, recalling Jiang Luo's threatening words within his inner realm.

At least there's no need to worry.

Jiang Luo wouldn't hinder his path to godhood.

"You treat Jiang Luo differently," Ji Yaozi probed, "You once told me that gods are fair and don't favor anyone."