Chapter 187

"Why..." Jiang Luo struggled to speak, "have you tied them up?"

The ghost's voice was gentle, "Because they couldn't heal you."

He lifted Jiang Luo's face, placing a kiss on the corner of Jiang Luo's lips. His tongue extended, sweeping away the residual blood, "Because they let you get hurt in their territory."

The ghostly patterns on his face writhed. Up close, the patterns seemed lifelike. The more you looked, the more terrifying they appeared, yet they held a ghostic charm on Chi You's face. Though grotesque and ferocious, the ghostly patterns on Chi You's face had a captivating allure after prolonged observation.

Jiang Luo was uneasy about Chi You's state. He turned to look at the Lian family members hanging in the corridor, but Ji Yaozi was not among them.

Jiang Luo's head throbbed with dual pains, both physical and psychological. "What happened to my body?"

"Excessive power, compressing your flesh and bones," Chi You calmly said, "but don't worry, the Lian family is a family of witch doctors. They'll find a way to cure you, won't they?"

Finishing his words, he chuckled softly. Teng Bi and Hua Li suddenly walked from the end of the corridor, holding water pipes and splashing water on the faces of the Lian family members.

Teng Bi's movements were stiff. He certainly didn't harbor any sympathy for humans; he was only afraid of Jiang Luo looking at him with a disgusted expression.

The Lian family members were awakened one by one, and the closest to Jiang Luo, Master Weihe, coughed a few times, lifting his head wearily. He looked disheveled, blood staining his face, his white beard clumped together, and his eyes filled with bloodshot veins.

Others were in worse condition than Master Weihe. Jiang Luo saw Lian Xue's face turn red, not waking up even after being splashed with water, seemingly plunged into a deep coma.

The corridor's stench of blood intensified. Water left trails on their bodies, staining the ground with a dark, blood-like hue.

The low ceiling of this enclosed structure induced a psychological pressure, making it difficult to breathe, and weakening the mental defenses. Waking up, many Lian family members began to cry softly. The contagious sobbing spread, and even the younger ones, who hadn't experienced such events before, couldn't hold back their whimpering.

The ghost remained unfazed, still licking the fresh blood from the corner of Jiang Luo's lips. Jiang Luo's throat rolled, meeting Master Weihe's gaze.

Master Weihe looked at him with a complex expression, unexpectedly devoid of hatred, but filled with a mixture of sorrow and revelation.

Noticing Jiang Luo's distraction, the ghost followed his gaze to Master Weihe. With a sudden smile, he carried Jiang Luo to stand before Master Weihe, courteously saying, "Daoist, have you figured out how to treat him now?"

Master Weihe took a few heavy breaths. He struggled to say, "I need to check his pulse."

The ghost glanced at Hua Li.

Hua Li approached, extending his claws. With sharp nails, he lightly cut Master Weihe's iron ring on his right hand, and it snapped into two halves.

Holding Jiang Luo's hand from the blanket, the ghost handed it to Master Weihe.

Master Weihe didn't know how long he had been suspended. The traces on his wrists were congested to a purplish hue. His hand trembled slightly, as the blood circulation had been disrupted for an extended period. Even as he touched Jiang Luo's wrist, his fingers shook uncontrollably.