Chapter 173

But for his choice, others couldn't comprehend.

They didn't intend to keep Jiang Luo from leaving the celestial Master Fu; after all, Feng Li's control over Jiang Luo reached a level that astounded even them. They just hadn't expected Jiang Luo to casually plan his departure from the celestial Master Fu.

Feng Li was the youngest celestial Master in history, now the foremost figure in the metaphysical world. Seeing Feng Li was a challenge for others, let alone establishing any connection with him. "Feng celestial Master's personally chosen disciple" carried significant weight in the industry, easily paving the way for wealth and prosperity.

Yet, Jiang Luo chose to leave effortlessly.

Jiang Luo didn't elaborate on his reasons for departure, but for some reason, Officer Lin imagined something, gripping Jiang Luo's hand emotionally, almost on the verge of tears, and choked up, "Jiang, rest assured, the country will surely become your new support. Go ahead and pursue your goals; the nation will ensure you have no worries."

Jiang Luo had trust in the institutions established by the country. An organization flourished most at its inception, and at the same time, the upper echelons of the metaphysical world were in the final throes of corruption, akin to the darkness before dawn.

The best outcome, surpassing the destruction the metaphysical world brought upon itself, was the state taking over governance.

Jiang Luo found it somewhat amusing.

He and Chi You were natural enemies.

Even with the same goal of dismantling the metaphysical world, they stood on opposing sides. He chose to replace the old system with new rules, while Chi You sought to annihilate everything.

Quite intriguing.

Jiang Luo genuinely thought this way, entangled in a relationship woven with deception and mutual pitfalls, yet possessing an intimately addictive aspect, much like poison.

After outlining the general plan with Officer Lin, he hurriedly prepared to leave, saying, "We still need to apprehend members of the Qi and Chi families. Every piece of information from Qi Yuan and Chi Zhong Ye's self-explosion has been documented, and we need to verify each one. Oh, and your classmate QI Ye, he's also in our custody. Since he's part of the Qi family, we're uncertain of his innocence. Once we thoroughly investigate him and confirm his innocence, we'll release him quickly, so don't worry."

Qi Ye had become numb and lost since witnessing his father's death before him. Ge Zhu sighed softly, "He's a pitiable soul too."

But Jiang Luo thought of Chi You's grandfather, whose spiritual essence had been taken by Qi Yuan.

Pitiable?

Perhaps.

Yet, Jiang Luo knew that everyone had undergone a few painful experiences.

After the trial, with Chinese New Year just over ten days away, they decided to celebrate. That night, Lu Youyi treated them to dinner at a restaurant.

Drinking and eating small dishes, Jiang Luo felt a bit sluggish from the warmth. With the threats from the Qi and Chi families gone, he was already partially in high spirits.

Back at their residence, everyone slept soundly. The next morning at 8 a.m., they all went shopping for New Year goods together.

Lu Youyi's parents were often away for business, celebrating the New Year abroad this year. When they called to inform Lu Youyi, he declined, saying matter-of-factly while biting into his bread, "I want to celebrate with my friends."