Chapter 96

Jiang Luo hadn't given it much thought when Lu Youyi pointed to a photo below and said, "It's this one."

Jiang Luo looked down and saw it was a photo of Cheng Li and another man.

The other man had a hunched back, a timid expression, and looked at the camera sheepishly. Jiang Luo observed for a while, "This is..."

Lu Youyi exclaimed excitedly, "Do you find him familiar?"

Jiang Luo thoughtfully nodded.

Lu Youyi wanted to keep them guessing, but Ge Zhu mercilessly revealed the mystery, "This person is the civilian who was thrown off the boat by Cheng Li on the day we boarded."

Jiang Luo said, "Oh... they knew each other."

This was quite interesting.

"Not just acquaintances, they seem to have a good relationship," Ye Xun observed closely, "Look at the clothes he is wearing. Cheng Li wore the same clothes in a previous photo. Lending his clothes to someone is not something you do unless you are close friends or relatives with blood ties."

"It does seem like they have some resemblance."

Ye Xun nodded, "We just discussed, and from the photos, Cheng Li doesn't seem like the type to abandon his family. Throwing someone he knew off the boat using the excuse of not having a ticket might have been his way of trying to save their life."

Lu Youyi concluded, "In summary, he must know something."

Jiang Luo said, "Makes sense."

Zhuo Zhongqiu kicked his shoe and teased, "How about you today? Don't tell me Lu Youyi was right, and you fell into a fish trap."

Jiang Luo cracked a smile, a forced grin, and said, "Pretty much."

The group, previously cheerful, suddenly stopped laughing, looking at him in disbelief.

Jiang Luo rubbed his slightly aching forehead and casually lay on the bed, with Kuang Zheng hurriedly making room for him.

"I discovered a big secret today," Jiang Luo dropped a bombshell with a calm tone, "I almost know what the blood eels are."

...

From the conversation between Daniel and Sanya in the duty dormitory to what Lisa told Jiang Luo, relying on his excellent memory, Jiang Luo recounted everything without missing a word.

As he spoke, he organized the information in his mind. After going through his experiences of the day, he even made a joke.

"The two male fish in the duty dormitory seem pretty dumb."

Calling them dumb was more about their thinking not completely transitioning from fish to human.

They were still influenced by hunger like wild beasts, neither purely fish nor purely human.

But the others were already shocked by what he said, hardly noticing his joke.

Lu Youyi struggled to close his gaping mouth, "Are you saying, most of the crew on our ship are male fish, and the blood eels caught are female? And that's not all, at night these past two days, the males and females mate, then the pregnant females are released back into the ocean to wait for next year's hatching?"

Jiang Luo said with satisfaction, "You summarized it well."

"WTF?" Lu Youyi collapsed to the ground, holding his head, "Oh my god!"

Seylor looked at Wen Renlian, who was in deep thought, and Ye Xun, who had a serious expression, and cautiously asked Jiang Luo, "Wouldn't it be better if we just killed the female fish?"