C2

After taking a bath by lying on the warm stones to sunbathe for a while, the fur on the back dried up from the steam. Rolling over, the dormouse continued to sunbathe its belly, lazily dozing off. Before long, it cuddled itself and fell asleep, cuddling its fluffy tail.

In reality, dormice are nocturnal animals, but after cultivation, Shu Shuishui was no longer bound by the habits of a regular dormouse. He could choose not to sleep if he didn’t want to. However, the problem was that he wanted to sleep!

Shu Shuishui slept until the sun went down, with both little paws reaching his cheeks and his tail covering his face. The temperature in the mountains and forests has always changed with the sun, becoming particularly cool at night.

The change in temperature made Shu Shuishui open his eyes. He glanced at the nearby nest, pondered for a few seconds, and decided against going back. It would be a waste of time to climb back up, so he treated it as camping for the night and closed his eyes to continue sleeping.

undefinedAs for the livestock and such, they were not so important when it came to sleeping. From this, one could see that there was a reason why the dormouse could starve itself to death.

Shu Shuishui resided on a certain range protected by formations. After all, Shu Shuishui was afraid of being eaten by something while sleeping. After cultivation, he started paying extra attention to his safety.

The next day at noon, Shu Shuishui lazily woke up, stretching his soft little body and yawning widely. Then, he suddenly jumped up from the stone. He made a habitual inspection around but didn’t find any danger. Basking in the sunlight, he stretched his muscles and performed a set of mouse-like radio calisthenics1a form of calisthenics exercise that is performed while listening to instructions broadcasted on the radio or with music. He even spontaneously felt like dancing a seaweed dance on the stone.

Unfortunately, there was no accompanying music. Shu Shuishui had no interest in the various tools invented by humans, which was completely opposite to Shu Bao. Shu Bao hardly ever separated from his phone or computer during his leisure time.

Shu Bao even considered teaching Shu Shuishui his top-notch hacking skills, but when Shu Shuishui used the phone as a nest and slept on it, or used it as a fitness mat and danced and practiced yoga on it, Shu Bao gave up on that plan.

Dancing and yoga were a few activities that Shu Shuishui enjoyed apart from sleeping. After dancing, Shu Shuishui felt that today was another beautiful day.

He ran to the bluestone to flip the sun-dried rice and took a stroll around his one-third acre of land. He felt that the corn should be ready to eat. Shu Shuishui only liked to eat tender corn, whether boiled or roasted, so corn rarely survived until it fully ripened.

Climbing up the cornstalks, he sniffed the corn to confirm that it was ready for harvest. Then the busy little dormouse began to peel the corn. Soon enough, the little dormouse carried a “huge” corn cob, swaying as it climbed down and placed the corn into an iron pot, then diligently went out to gather firewood.

Human cutlery is one of Shu Shuishui’s favorite things, so once he enters human society, he always loves to run into the kitchen. However, those who find it cute and cover their faces and scream when they see it on ordinary days, become particularly fierce in the kitchen. The face-blind mouse that can’t distinguish human faces feels that humans are truly fickle creatures.

With a bundle of firewood strapped to his back, Shu Shuishui returned to his dwelling and started boiling the corn. In the meantime, he had to constantly go and gather firewood. But as the fragrant scent of corn filled the air, Shu Shuishui didn’t find it bothersome at all.