C41

Although rejected by Shu Shuishui, Yu Jin, who had roasted four grasshoppers for Shu Shuishui without harming any mice, patiently asked, “Why does Shuishui say that he is very poor?”

Shu Shuishui, feeling a little guilty after refusing Yu Jin’s request to be taken care of, honestly and obediently answered his question. “I want to purify the energy stones into high-grade spirit stones through a purification array. Then, using those high-grade spirit stones, I plan to set up a protective array on the small hill I was assigned1In case you forgot, it was the fengshui treasure land. This way, it can not only prevent winter snowstorms but also allow for crop cultivation inside. Your trees are too unappetizing, but I can make delicious food for you.” After speaking, Shu Shuishui, in an attempt to comfort Yu Jin, who was squatting on the ground, jumped up and patted his knee.

The way Shu Shuishui comforted him was something Yu Jin hadn’t expected. What he couldn’t figure out was what Shu Shuishui had just rambled on about. But the last sentence, Yu Jin understood. Thinking about the roasted grasshoppers he could smell but couldn’t eat, Yu Jin’s face lit up with anticipation. “Shuishui wants energy stones?”

Shu Shuishui earnestly nodded his little head. “Mhmm, at least seventy-two, and they have to be the top-grade energy stones, and they have to be this big!” Shu Shuishui extended his tiny arms and tried to draw a large circle, then tilted his little head back, his watery eyes filled with anticipation, looking at Yu Jin.

undefined“Alright, no problem, it’s a small matter!” Yu Jin felt himself being charmed once again and readily agreed.

Satisfied, Shu Shuishui happily went back upstairs to continue writing his plans. Yu Jin, who remained on the first floor, watched the little dormouse struggle to climb the last step, disappearing from his view. It was only then that he realized what he had agreed to.

Seventy-two top-grade energy stones. The quantity wasn’t exactly huge, but when combined with the top-grade ones, it did sting a bit.

Well, the Cang Star System did have abundant energy stone resources, but for planets like Cang Zhan Star that could be classified as prisoner planets, their mineral reserves were always in a somewhat awkward position. The reserve of energy stone ore was determined through comprehensive testing and calculations by the Star System Alliance.

Of course, these results were not 100% accurate because energy stones themselves had a property called antimatter fluctuation. The higher the purity and level of the energy stone, the less likely it was to be detected by instruments. Especially for those top-grade energy stones deeply buried underground, even with the most advanced detection equipment available, it was impossible to detect the energy waves emitted by the energy stones. They seemed to be like non-existent matter, completely integrated into the surrounding environment.

When the top-grade energy stones are exposed to the air, a simple touch can cause energy waves to appear on the surface of the stones, even radiating visible energy particles into the surroundings. However, when detected with instruments, they appear as ordinary rocks, and sometimes the instruments detect nothing at all, as if the materiality of the energy stones themselves disappears in the detection equipment.

In contrast, lower-grade energy stones are easier to detect. Although they cannot emit visible energy particles into the surroundings, they can be captured by instruments.

This illogical characteristic of energy stones is known as antimatter fluctuation. To this day, there is no reasonable explanation for it. Although the highest-grade energy stones cannot be directly detected, the Star System Alliance has developed a set of calculation methods and detection means based on the study of the surrounding environment of energy stones and numerous resource-rich planets. While not 100% accurate, these methods have become an important basis and authoritative means for determining planetary resources.