C12

The sleepy Shu Shuishui woke up in a daze and stretched lazily, while also waving to his humanoid pet as a friendly gesture. The face-blind dormouse didn’t recognize the hand reaching out to grab him until it was right in front of his face, realizing it wasn’t his own pet.

The nimble little dormouse swiftly dodged the reaching hand and quickly identified his actual pet, standing beside the car. Shu Shuishui climbed onto the car window and then leaped onto Gu Langu’s body in one jump. Of course, Gu Langu instantly responded and caught Shu Shuishui, allowing him to land on his palm. Shu Shuishui then climbed up Gu Langu’s shoulder, eventually settling down with his chubby bottom.

Yu Jin looked at the dormouse on Gu Langu’s shoulder with surprise. It seemed to be some kind of mouse, quite adorable. However, paired with Gu Langu’s face, it felt a bit mismatched. Moreover, it was quite astonishing to see a mouse thriving in such harsh natural conditions and looking plump.

Sensing Yu Jin’s gaze, Shu Shuishui felt a bit uncomfortable. After all, the dormouse race was not known for its social skills. Even within their own families, they mostly slept separately. Unless they were sleep-talking, there wasn’t much interaction throughout the year.

undefinedIt was easier for Shu Shuishui to interact with his own kind or other animals, but when it came to humans, he couldn’t help but feel shy. So, the shy little dormouse discreetly shifted his bottom, moving towards Gu Langu’s neck.

Unbeknownst to him, every movement he made was under the watchful eyes of the two people. Shu Shuishui looked up and noticed both of them staring at him. So, with his little head raised, he sweetly smiled and once again adjusted his position.

Gu Langu’s shoulder was getting closer and closer to Shu Shuishui, to the point where the dormouse was about to touch his face. The touch must be softer than the finest blanket.

The shy Shu Shuishui had no idea about the comparison with Gu Langu, so he still trusted him and subtly shifted his bottom, eventually ending up behind Gu Langu’s neck. He stood up, patted Gu Langu’s shoulder, and then climbed onto the back of his neck, sitting down with his fluffy little bottom.

Feeling the slightly cool little feet directly on his neck due to the absence of clothing, Gu Langu’s body stiffened for a few seconds.

Yu Jin felt like he might be going crazy. How else could he explain seeing a mouse climbing onto Gu Langu’s neck, hiding behind it, grabbing his hair, and sticking out its furry little head, once again showing him an innocent smile?

Shu Shuishui felt that they had clearly expressed his goodwill, but the stranger’s face still remained devoid of any expression, as if frozen. Feeling a bit shy and timid, Shu Shuishui decided to stay hidden behind Gu Langu’s neck and had no intention of coming out.

Gu Langu’s posture became somewhat awkward. In order to move freely, he had to reach out and try to grab Shu Shuishui to bring him down. However, Shu Shuishui instinctively grabbed Gu Langu’s hair and climbed onto the top of his head in one breath, enjoying the elevated position and showing off a sense of superiority.

Gu Langu “…”

Yu Jin couldn’t hold back anymore and burst into laughter, clutching his stomach. He truly hadn’t expected to witness this scene—a warm brown mouse standing on top of Gu Langu’s head, displaying a sense of grandeur due to its height advantage.

Gu Langu could only spread out in his palm and lift it to his head, and said, “Ashui, come down.”

Between the head and the hand, Shu Shuishui firmly chose the latter. After all, the little dormouse was a genuine hand lover. So the obedient little dormouse took two steps and effortlessly jumped onto Gu Langu’s palm.