C112

Since the plan to ride on the same plate for a boat ride was confirmed, Shu Shuishui carefully selected a suitable plate. He ultimately chose a fresh green hard plastic fruit tray, which was about two fingers deep and had a simple leaf-shaped design, somewhat resembling the shape of a boat.

As for the cotton handkerchiefs and the small blanket, Shu Shuishui thought for a moment and replaced them with silk produced at the base. Silk was comfortable and cool to use in the summer. Regarding the small pillow, the base had recently harvested a small amount of cotton. Although they received cotton seeds relatively late, it was still a significant achievement. Cotton required specific growing conditions, and in Cang Zhan Star, it was difficult to sustain. Therefore, this cotton was quite valuable. As for the end of winter, it didn’t matter; there would always be another winter, and the well-funded large base didn’t mind storing goods for now.

While Shu Shuishui was diligently sewing the appropriate small pillow, the valley received its first batch of visitors for the year. It wasn’t Liu Po and Liu Du from Area B but rather Fei Luo, who hadn’t been seen for several months.

Nan Ge was somewhat surprised when the mutated rat informed the people at the Shui Jing Gong that someone was outside. This period coincided with the days when the outside snow was melting, making everywhere muddy and difficult to traverse. From large-scale mountain torrents to small streams, it could be said that there were water-related difficulties everywhere, making it the most challenging time for movement.

Because the mountain roads were not easy to traverse, the task of guiding outsiders into the valley was entrusted to the mutated rats. They had become quite adept at this task, and with Shu Shuishui’s assistance, some of them even wore red tour guide hats and held prominent red triangular flags with official-looking words: “Welcome, welcome! Warm welcome!”

The people from Fei Luo base were left speechless for a while, unsure whether they were more shocked or resigned to the situation. Nevertheless, they obediently followed the mutated rats through the barrier of the protective array and entered the Shui Jing Gong’s territory.

As soon as they entered the barrier’s range, even though they were still standing on the mountaintop, they instantly felt the difference. The strong wind that had been blowing moments ago was suddenly neutralized, leaving only a gentle breeze brushing their faces. It was incredibly comfortable, and this feeling was like transitioning from a nightmare into a soft and beautiful dream, making them reluctant to wake up. One step closer to heaven, one step further from hell.

The people who had come along initially had many complaints, but at this moment, they all fell silent, their minds racing with countless thoughts that they didn’t dare to express directly. Except for Fei Luo, who concealed his emotions perfectly, there was only Shi An’an, whose face remained dark. As for the others, they had already been captivated by the sight of the valley.

Especially during the descent while following the mutated rats, they saw numerous pieces of advanced technology. They wanted to learn about wind power generation, solar panels, and a fully integrated energy network.

This small valley had undergone a complete transformation in just one winter. While the space might not be very extensive, it experienced significant changes every day. The thriving scenery in the valley, especially when viewed from a distance, left them envious.

“Why is the temperature here so perfect? It doesn’t seem to be affected by the outside.”

“Are those neatly arranged green patches in the valley really cultivated fields? And they’re not growing purple trees?”

“And there’s a lake, did you see it? Are those people rowing boats and fishing with nets on it?”

“Why do I feel like we’re not living on the same planet, and we didn’t experience the same winter?”