C96

Dealing with the large figure of Da Bai was quite manageable. Shu Shuishui took out a roll of bandages from his spiritual storage, which, interestingly, was initially intended to be used for making clothes. He had never gotten around to using it for that purpose, but now it was coming in handy.

Seeing the unused adhesive bandage still on the table, Shu Shuishui reached over to throw it away.

However, Da Bai was quicker. He picked up the adhesive bandage and clenched it in his hand. “I’ll discard it.”

Shu Shuishui made a soft sound of acknowledgment and shifted his attention to the wound in Da Bai’s hand, which was about an inch long. It was incomparable to Jiaolong’s wound. Shu Shuishui blew gently on Da Bai’s hand. “Hoo, hoo, it won’t hurt anymore.”

Da Bai blinked, seemingly wanting to say that blowing on a hand wasn’t using spirit power, so how could it not hurt? However, he couldn’t quite find the words and just obediently nodded.

It was Shu Shuishui’s first time wrapping someone with bandages. Thankfully, his experience as a former clothes-making mouse came in handy. He skillfully wrapped it a couple of times, and though it didn’t end up as a bow, it was still well done.

Da Bai turned his hand back and forth, looking at his palm. “Thank you. It doesn’t hurt anymore.”

Shu Shuishui patted Da Bai’s head. “Da Bai Bai, go to sleep early. You need to rest well to grow.”

Da Bai’s movements stiffened slightly. After nine thousand years, he finally heard a familiar voice again. “You should sleep early too. The bed there is for you.”

Following Da Bai’s gesture, Shu Shuishui spotted the dark brown wooden bed with hints of deep red. The bed was finely crafted and spacious, showing no signs of wear from the passage of nine thousand years. Even the curtains remained free of dust.

After saying goodnight, both Shu Shuishui and Da Bai prepared to sleep. Da Bai shrank back to his smaller size and crawled into the hazelnut shell, sitting on the soft scraps of rice paper. He lifted his recently bandaged hand with a smile of contentment.

Chuckling for a while, Da Bai then opened his other palm. Resting on his hand was a shrunken adhesive bandage, which had become a bit wrinkled. After looking at it for a moment, Da Bai stepped on the soft rice paper and walked to a corner of the hazelnut shell where a miniature black box was placed.

Even the small box had an unusually ceremonious copper lock hanging on it. Da Bai took out a key, opened the box, and inside were many items—a small stone, a dried flower specimen, a seashell, and even a pearl…

Most of these miscellaneous items were from when Da Bai was still young, given to him by his two fathers. Some were brought over by Jiaolong during these nine thousand years. Of course, there were also two exceptionally beautiful items that Da Bai intended to give to his two adoptive fathers. However, his tsundere nature always made him find it embarrassing to speak up.

Da Bai carefully smoothed out the wrinkles on the adhesive bandage, neatly placed it in a corner of the small box, closed the box, and locked it. Satisfied, he nodded.

With a sense of contentment, Da Bai returned to the rice paper scraps, lay down, rolled around on them, and buried himself within them, effectively covering himself like a blanket. Closing his eyes, he drifted into dreams.

Inside the screen, Shu Shuishui also climbed onto the bed. He even ceremoniously pulled down the bed canopy, which resembled fine gauze and mist. Shu Shuishui reached out and touched it, contemplating the feasibility of taking the bed canopy away tomorrow and making a sun-proof outfit for Gu Langu.