C44

After firmly denying any act of acting cute and shifting the blame to Yu Jin, Nan Fang went out to play with the cat. The moment he stepped out the door, he strangely felt like a scumbag who enjoys the comfort of home but still thinks about outside temptations.

He quickly dismissed this illusion and went to find the tabby cat.

In the inn, Shu Shuishui stood on the table, shaking his head. “Being so young and obsessed with playing with cats, you’ll be bullied by them when you get old.”

Yu Jin and Nan Ge remained silent. They couldn’t understand how Shu Shuishui came up with this theory.

undefinedBecause both Shu Shuishui and Nan Fang accused Yu Jin of acting cute just a moment ago, he settled down. However, when he thought about how everyone except Shu Shuishui got an extra meal for breakfast today, he suddenly felt like he was a bully to a little mouse and wanted to make up for it. “Shuishui, do you want to play the simulator? I’ll take you in; you can watch the live streams inside.”

Shu Shuishui was very surprised, and his little ears twitched. “Live streams!” Was it the same kind of live streams he used to watch on Earth? Of course, it was with Shu Bao. The two little mice huddled together, watching a mukbang on the phone holder in front of them, with a horizontal phone they didn’t recognize.

“That’s right, this is also an important source of income for the Galactic Alliance. There’s more than one prisoner star in the Canghai Galaxy; there are even many actual prison stars. These planets are strictly restricted, and the prisoners have to fend for themselves. They will put simulators there, and compared to the peaceful world’s live streams, the realism and brutality of the streams there are much higher…”

Through Yu Jin’s explanation, Shu Shuishui quickly understood that the live streams Yu Jin mentioned were similar to those on Earth but also had significant differences. Most of the people participating in the live streams through the simulator were desperados, and their streams were genuinely teetering on the edge of life and death. The simulators didn’t provide any protection for their lives, and these participants were collectively known as “desperado streamers.”

Because of the excitement and authenticity of this kind of content, these live streams have garnered a considerable number of followers. Of course, there are strict age restrictions for viewers. The level of internet development in this world far surpasses that of Earth, so when they say there are age restrictions, they mean it. The video streaming software automatically identifies the age of viewers, and those who don’t meet the age requirements simply cannot access the live streams.

Shu Shuishui sat on the table, listening attentively, feeling like he had just opened up an entirely new world. In Shu Shuishui’s understanding, the simulators in this world were similar to the game capsules of holographic games. Although the Earth he once knew had not yet reached the holographic age, he had some understanding of it from Shu Bao’s incessant chatter about it.

However, the difference was that holographic games didn’t involve any danger, whereas the mental detachment in these simulators was a matter of life and death. If you died in the game, the user of the simulator would die too.

Shu Shuishui scratched his head. “Shu Bao would definitely love this world.”

“Shu Bao?” Yu Jin interrupted with curiosity.

“Yes, my friend, a remarkable one who really enjoys high-tech stuff. He’s a hacker, over 1.8 meters tall, big and strong…” When it came to talking about his friend, Shu Shuishui became quite chatty, endlessly describing how amazing Shu Bao was.

Yu Jin’s imagination couldn’t stop now. There really was a 1.8-meter-tall mouse! And he’s big and strong too! What kind of cat could possibly swallow him? “When will you grow to be 1.8 meters, Shuishui?” Yu Jin suddenly thought of something and asked casually.