C72

Cheng Que inexplicably felt a strange sense of jealousy, akin to a mouse competing for the wind’s attention. However, he quickly dismissed this unreliable thought from his mind. He interpreted Shu Shuishui’s behavior as a pet’s possessiveness towards its owner. Of course, he couldn’t actually engage in a real contest with a mouse.

Shu Shuishui felt content, believing that he understood Gu Langu better than anyone. This reminded him of a question Cheng Que had asked earlier. “Spatial compression? Are you referring to the cube form of the simulator? I’ve seen a spatial compressor from Mao Jin. It can store the same items. It feels similar to a storage ring.”

Cheng Que’s heart skipped a beat. A storage ring? He didn’t know exactly what it was, but he could infer its basic purpose from the name. Before the apocalypse, only a few individuals received advance warnings. Elite talents like Cheng Que were among those few.

Unfortunately, as the seven-dimensional curved spaceship of the Seventh Dimension civilization entered the domain of the Canghai Galaxy and the Xian Ge Galaxy, and the button was pressed at the disposal site of the seven-dimensional civilization, chaos engulfed the world. This entire process took merely seven minutes and twenty-one seconds, with seven minutes of it being a state of stillness for the Seventh Dimension civilization. According to Cheng Que’s speculation, those seven minutes were likely used by the civilization to rapidly analyze the resource situation of the two galaxies and make decisions on collection. The remaining twenty-one seconds were the time of arrival and departure, a rather frightening piece of data.

It is precisely due to this terrifying superluminal speed that even with a warning seven minutes and twenty-one seconds in advance, no one managed to react in time and escape the grasp of the two galaxies.

Cheng Que was among the very few who witnessed the placement of that button into the centers of the two galaxies, swiftly devouring them. For some unknown reason, Cheng Que found himself thinking that the unknown button was oddly similar to the storage ring Shu Shuishui had mentioned. Despite his heart racing, Cheng Que’s face showed no hint of surprise. On the contrary, this strengthened his determination to stay.

“Space compression technology is actually a preliminary stage of dimensional application. In simple terms, one dimension is a point, two dimensions form a line, and three dimensions constitute a volume. It’s easy for higher-dimensional space-time to understand lower-dimensional space-time, but exploring higher-dimensional space-time from a lower-dimensional perspective is extremely challenging. The most unsolvable problem in this world is the infinite and the infinitesimal. This is also a major direction of scientific exploration…” Cheng Que’s heart raced as he thought he had discovered a key variable. Thus, he spoke incessantly.

Shu Shuishui (⊙⊙)???

The little dormouse sat on Gu Langu’s shoulder, experiencing a feeling of returning to the time when he used to listen to Gu Langu’s scientific explanations. Out of politeness, Shu Shuishui widened his eyes as much as possible, fighting off sleepiness.

Cheng Que’s excitement grew. These cutting-edge scientific concepts were quite complex, and even though he tried to explain them in simpler terms, there were many who wouldn’t comprehend them. Since arriving at the Cang Zhan Star, Cheng Que’s opportunities for communication had dwindled, and those willing to listen and capable of understanding had become even scarcer. Seeing Shu Shuishui’s earnest expression and recalling his previous mention of the spatial ring, Cheng Que naturally assumed he had encountered a scientifically inclined rodent.

A scientifically inclined rodent was quite improbable. Being a science “elementary school underachiever,” Shu Shuishui obediently sat for a few minutes, but eventually, his big eyes slowly closed, his small head bobbing like a pecking chick, and his tiny body tilted until it rested against Gu Langu’s cheek.