C118

Boarding the already prepared boats, the 253 members of Shui Jing Gong along with the 42 gray rats slowly headed north along the winding river between the mountains.

The boats varied in size, with the larger ones capable of carrying over a dozen people. They had bedrooms, kitchens, and even dedicated planting areas for micro-farms inside. Some boats were equipped with amenities like gyms, entertainment rooms, and reading areas, indicating that considerable thought had gone into their construction, along with preparations for long-term life on the water.

The smaller boats were more straightforward and designed for two people. They still had sleeping quarters, and though the space was limited, the interior was meticulously arranged, making the most of the available room. These smaller boats didn’t have their own power sources and relied on manual rowing or being towed by larger vessels during regular use.

The large boats had their advantages, and the small boats served their purposes. The ratio of different-sized boats had been carefully calculated. The design and construction of these vessels had taken nearly the entire winter. Thanks to the protection the valley had provided to the people during this season, they didn’t have to worry about severe cold or food shortages, allowing them the energy to focus on other tasks.

Shu Shuishui and Gu Langu were assigned to the leading boat, the largest one. They shared the boat with Nan Ge, Nan Fang, Yu Jin, Xie Feng, and some of the leaders or captains from the functional and technical teams.

Following the instructions, Shu Shuishui and Gu Langu found their room on the leading boat. Shu Shuishui felt a sense of novelty since he didn’t have any luggage or belongings with him, thanks to his spiritual storage and Lan ring. While others were busy settling their belongings, Shu Shuishui took his time to carefully inspect the room from top to bottom.

The room was a double room, and Gu Langu was busy taking out everyday items from his Shui ring. He even went out of his way to place a vase with a long-necked flower on the small table, adding a touch of romance, filled with freshly picked flowers from this morning.

To make the most of the limited space, the beds in the room were bunk beds. Of course, Shu Shuishui and Gu Langu’s room had a double bed. As for others like Nan Ge and the rest, they preferred single beds rather than squeezing into one, for their comfort.

In the base, if there were pairs of people, they usually opted for double occupancy in small boats. While the interior facilities might not be as elaborate, it was considered a standard for a two-person world.

Being a mouse that values sleep, Shu Shuishui’s first inspection was the bed. He aimed for the bed and flopped down onto it. However, there was a loud thud as he hit the wooden bed frame.

Gu Langu was startled and dropped the alarm clock he was arranging on the table. He quickly walked to the side of the bed. “Shui Shui, are you okay?”

Shu Shuishui’s face was buried in the mattress, where the scent of soft new cotton filled his every breath. But why was there so little cotton, only about three fingers wide, and below that was a hard wooden board? Feeling a bit embarrassed, he didn’t raise his head but responded in a muffled voice, “I’m fine, just the bed is a bit hard. Can I add more cotton?”

Gu Langu had originally wanted to pull Shu Shuishui up and inspect him carefully, but when he saw his blushing ears, he wordlessly curved his lips. “Alright, go ahead and make the bed. I’ll check the small balcony.”

Hearing Gu Langu’s footsteps as he approached the window, Shu Shuishui quickly got up from the bed. He instinctively rubbed his forehead and then pulled a small mirror out of his spiritual storage to check carefully, making sure he hadn’t bumped it and turned red. He sighed in relief and swiftly placed the small mirror back into his spiritual storage.