C130

Those who participated in the Huanxing Continent dungeon have a similar feeling now, mutated creatures are gradually becoming stronger, and they seem to be seeking the direction of evolution. Perhaps it’s not just humans who sense that the end is approaching.

However, these speculations cannot be confirmed at the moment; evolution is a lengthy process.

The fleet continued its migration northward, leaving the Shangya Mountains behind, and it didn’t instill much panic in them because they knew that Shui Jing Gong would lead them to a perfect landing site. Unbeknownst to them, Shui Jing Gong had become the leader of all the fleets.

During their continued migration northward, they encountered a base similar to Shangyang Base, but this one was comparatively weaker and currently huddled in a mountain range.

Shui Jing Gong employed the same strategy as before, planting spirit trees on the outskirts of the mountains and leaving behind some saplings before departing.

It could be seen that most of the surviving bases in the northern hemisphere were inclined towards avoiding conflicts. The events of the Era of Apocalypse had not been widely disseminated in the Northern Hemisphere, and it was likely that only a few powerful bases possessed that information. However, this year’s abnormal weather was enough to suggest something unusual to anyone with a bit of sense.

During their long life on the water, the atmosphere between the fleets became more harmonious, especially after the proliferation of micro-farms and purification arrays. People focused more on their micro-farms and less on petty rivalries with each other.

During this time, storms visited the fleet several times, but they didn’t cause any damage to the fleet. Even on the occasions when they faced more powerful storms, they managed to successfully weather them thanks to the seals from the Shui Jing Gong.

Days passed in a slow and steady migration. When passing by land, the fleet would enthusiastically engage in greening and tree planting, as if they intended to cover every inch of land in the northern hemisphere with trees.

During this period, the Gray Rat Company finally gained traction. Their clientele was no longer limited to the internal operations of the Shui Jing Gong; other bases within the fleet gradually began hiring Gray Rat Company. Their services were unanimously appreciated, encompassing room cleaning, door-to-door delivery, pest control, and more.

The gray rats’s business prospered, and during the day, you could see them moving between different fleets. The people of the Shui Jing Gong even went so far as to craft a dozen or so small wooden boats. These small boats had exquisite designs and were manually rowed. Each boat could accommodate two to three adult gray rats.

The shipbuilding was carried out by the engineering team that had once participated in building the Shui Jing Gong fleet. Making these small wooden boats was just a result of having some spare time during the migration. Moreover, after interacting with the gray rats, their personalities were indeed endearing.

The gray rats expressed their gratitude, and one of them was so touched that they attempted to give one of the boat makers a shoe from their personal collection, but the offer was politely declined. The gray rat then had to settle for giving a pair of socks instead.

The person’s expression did seem quite moved, at least that’s how Shu Shuishui interpreted it. After all, such a complex expression must have a complex emotional journey behind it. “It looks like the gray rats are really grateful, and that person seems genuinely touched. Everyone is getting along so well.”

The people around Shu Shuishui remained silent, not quite understanding how Shu Shuishui could tell there was gratitude in the gesture, especially when receiving a pair of socks.