C47

“I don’t know if my hands are good-looking or not. They must be good-looking because they have you, Gu Gu. Right?” Suddenly, Shu Shuishui became unsure.

The little dormouse turned to Gu Langu. “What did you eat to grow up?”

Gu Langu blinked. “The main diet consists of wheat, along with other meats, vegetables, fruits, and recently, energy stones.”

Shu Shuishui scratched his chin and looked at his own paws. If he starts eating the same diet as Gu Langu, would his hands become as good-looking as his? Comparing the food they eat, Shu Shuishui realized there were significant differences.

undefinedBefore meeting Shu Bao, Shu Shuishui’s diet mainly consisted of hazelnuts. It was only after meeting Shu Bao that he discovered there were many other delicious foods in the world, such as sour cabbage stew with pork and vermicelli, which he had to eat with his paws and often struggled to get the vermicelli.

There were also dishes like sweet and sour pork, braised pork belly, stir-fried pork with green beans, braised pig intestines, and fried pork kidneys. Of course, there were also simple but delicious roasted sweet potatoes, which were some of the dishes that Shu Shuishui could easily handle among the many.

However, during leisure time, Shu Shuishui would hide in Shu Bao’s pocket and go to the supermarket together, then use the purchased pork to cook meals.

Shu Bao had some specially-made small pots, such as a flat-bottomed pan made from a canned lid or a ceramic stewing pot made from a shallow coffee cup. Using these, Shu Shuishui would also attempt to make some delicacies, such as a piece of braised pork, five pieces of fried pig kidneys, or stewed vermicelli.

Every time the dishes were ready, Shu Bao had to transform into mouse form to eat them, or else Shu Shuishui would work hard all morning, and they would be devoured by the human form Shu Bao in one bite.

After Shu Bao left, Shu Shuishui hadn’t been to the supermarket again because he had no money and couldn’t push a shopping cart. Naturally, he couldn’t eat meat anymore.

But that’s okay, Shu Shuishui had hazelnuts, and with that, everything was fine. Even if he couldn’t eat meat, Shu Shuishui could still take care of the grasshoppers, do some farming, pick and store hazelnuts, and continue living a carefree life.

Talking about pork, Shu Shuishui was quite excited the first time he had it. As a dormouse that was always eaten by wild boars, he was probably the first dormouse to eat pork. Although pigs and wild boars were not the same, they were still pigs. As the saying goes, humans might not have eaten wild boar meat, but they have eaten pork!

“Gu Gu, in the future, I will make even more delicious dishes for you.” The little dormouse swallowed his saliva, as if he had already fantasized about hunting a wild boar and then cooking a meal for Gu Langu in a small pot. “But it might be a bit slow, maybe it will take a whole day.”

Or maybe he could find more pots and cook a piece of braised pork in each one. That should be faster.

Gu Langu, who was driving, was quite content. The little mouse was always thinking about him, and he also wanted to find something the mouse would like to eat. “What about Shuishui? What do you like to eat?”

Shu Shuishui raised his paw obediently. “Hazelnuts! Hazelnuts! Hazelnuts!”

Those couldn’t be found on Cang Zhan Star. Gu Langu fell silent for a moment. “Besides hazelnuts?”

Shu Shuishui tilted his little head. “Roasted sweet potatoes.”

“Anything else?”

“Yes, sour cabbage stew with pork and vermicelli, sweet and sour pork, pancakes, spicy skewers, hot pot, stir-fried green beans with pork ribs…” Shu Shuishui listed the foods he had always longed for, and his little paws were almost overwhelmed.