C3

Shu Shuishui found a not-so-tall building and crawled inside through a broken window. Once inside, he discovered a spacious area with many bookshelves. Some of the shelves had collapsed, and books were scattered on the floor. The pristine floor was covered in dust, devoid of any footprints, but beneath the dust lay black bloodstains that remained strikingly visible despite having dried up long ago.

Immediately alert, Shu Shuishui pricked up his ears and listened carefully for a moment to ensure there were no sounds around. He quickly explored the floor and realized it was the third floor. Although he could go down to the first and second floors, they were engulfed in the yellow sand, devoid of sunlight, and felt oppressive.

Confirming that he was the only mouse there, Shu Shuishui decided to find a floor with intact glass, without any damage. The library had a total of eight floors, but climbing stairs wasn’t easy for Shu Shuishui. He had to make an effort to jump and touch the top of the stairs, then push himself up with his little short legs and pull his nest up as well.

After some struggles, before Shu Shuishui could climb to the top floor, the approaching storm had already arrived. In an instant, the outside world turned orange-yellow, with fine sand particles suspended in the air, signaling the approaching storm.

undefinedShu Shuishui suddenly felt a strong sense of danger. Holding his nest, he quickly ran to the window and saw the storm approaching, truly a storm. However, amidst the black and yellow storm resembling towering walls, there were flickering purple lightning bolts. Immense energy collided within the storm, and the high-intensity electric current could instantly kill any living being.

Terrified, Shu Shuishui jumped up in a panic and quickly found a windowless reading room to hide in. He closed the door and began to retrieve things from his own mouth.

Shu Bao mentioned that some spiritual creatures were born with storage ability, essentially having their own storage space. The quality and abilities varied, with some rare ones capable of housing living creatures. However, Shu Shuishui’s storage ability was somewhat inferior. It couldn’t store living creatures, and its space was limited to only twenty cubic meters. To quickly retrieve or store items, Shu Shuishui had to use his mouth since his storage ability was like squirrel cheek pouches, located on both sides of his cheeks, each with a capacity of ten cubic meters.

He took out pieces of spiritual stones and arranged them in specific positions. Shu Shuishui held a cinnabar pen with his two paws, took a deep breath, and his little belly expanded round as he felt his pounding heart calm down. While moving on the ground, he used spiritual power to sketch out a formation. His two hind paws landed on the ground with a steady thud, appearing quite stable.

Soon, the formation emitted a bright light, and the protective array was set. Shu Shuishui quickly picked up each spiritual stone and embedded them into the formation. Finally, with the last spiritual stone in place, a spherical barrier lit up. Although it was no bigger than a floor tile, it was enough to accommodate Shu Shuishui.

!!!His nest!

Shu Shuishui turned around and extended his paws to reach for his nest, which he had left outside the formation. Just as the tips of his paws touched the barrier, the deafening sound of thunder akin to the world-shattering engulfed the surroundings. Even without windows, Shu Shuishui could imagine the apocalyptic scene outside. Terrified, Shu Shuishui quickly withdrew his paws, curled up into a ball, and hugged his paws tightly.

In the reading room, an instant layer of purple-red electric light enveloped the spherical barrier. The electric light flickered and traveled between various objects. Under such high-intensity currents, there was no insulation. One can imagine that if Shu Shuishui was not inside the protective array, he would have turned into a charred rat by now.