C35

The man once known as the War God never imagined he would have such a day. He looked at the dormouse’s expectant expression and then turned his gaze to the bowl in front of him.

The fruits in the bowl were particularly enticing in the resource-depleted world of Cang Zhan Star. However, the grasshoppers were equally eye-catching. Some of them had indeed started crawling out. One of them reached the edge of the bowl, preparing to use its hind legs to jump out. In that crucial moment when the grasshopper was about to leap, the dormouse’s two chubby paws closed together with precision, capturing the grasshopper.

Shu Shuishui skillfully stunned the grasshopper and placed it back into the bowl, showing great thoughtfulness. “Gugu, you can take your time eating. I’ll be here watching.” He patted his own little chest, giving off a reassuring “leave it to me” vibe.

Although Gu Langu didn’t have a sense of taste, the act of eating raw grasshoppers was not something that existed in his memory. He was momentarily caught off guard.

undefinedOn the other side, Yu Jin also noticed the strange atmosphere around Gu Langu and curiously approached.

Shu Shuishui, seeing Gu Langu’s hesitation, tilted his little head and flicked his ears. “I forgot the utensils! Do you prefer chopsticks or a fork?”

The dormouse took out a pair of chopsticks and a stainless steel fork from his own spiritual storage, holding them up, one in each paw, waiting for Gu Langu to choose.

Gu Langu “… ” It seemed that the issue was not about utensils.

After holding them up for a while and seeing Gu Langu’s rare expression of confusion, Shu Shuishui pondered for a moment and believed he had found the reason. “You don’t know how to eat, right? It’s okay, I’ll teach you. Luckily, I just roasted one myself, so it should be about right.”

With that said, the little dormouse put away the utensils and scurried to the side of the campfire. He picked up a small branch standing upright near the fire pit. The branch had a forked shape, and on one side of the fork was a roasted grasshopper, perfectly cooked.

The little dormouse ran back to Gu Langu with the roasted grasshopper in hand, standing in front of him with great seriousness. Then, he held up the grasshopper high. “Pay attention, first step, the grasshopper is a bit hot, so you need to blow on it.” He brought the grasshopper close and earnestly puffed his cheeks, blowing on it.

After a moment, Shu Shuishui continued, “But yours isn’t hot, so you don’t need to blow. Just move on to the second step, remove the wings. These wings don’t have any flavor and can get stuck in your teeth, so it’s better to remove them beforehand.” Saying that, Shu Shuishui demonstrated the technique with great precision, even explaining how to apply force to remove them cleanly and quickly.

Gu Langu, clearly a diligent student, carefully stored each step of the process of eating a grasshopper demonstrated by the little dormouse. However, as he looked at the grasshoppers in his own bowl, something still felt off.

Moreover, he had such a large bowl, while the little dormouse only roasted one for himself. Gu Langu’s heart softened.

Shu Shuishui had reached the final step of his demonstration. “The last step is to eat it. Open your mouth, ah, stuff it in, and it’s crispy and delicious.”

Crunch! Crunch! Crunch!

Gu Langu: … The sound did indeed seem crispy.

Shu Shuishui’s little mouth moved quickly, devouring the roasted grasshopper without leaving a trace. He looked up and saw Gu Langu still holding the bowl, lost in thought. Shu Shuishui scratched his little chin and took small steps to the side of the bowl, gently touching Gu Langu’s hand. “It’s okay if you can’t learn. I’ll handle it for you, just wait.”