C53

Shu Shuishui carefully counted the energy stones twice and then contentedly stored them in the spiritual storage. At the same time, he began to look forward to purifying the energy stones after reaching the small hill.

In the afternoon, the snowfall intensified, no longer as calm as in the beginning, gradually showing signs of a blizzard.

People in the convoy who were familiar with Cang Zhan Star reminded everyone that once a blizzard struck, any traces on the ground would be quickly erased, which could lead to deviation from the intended direction.

“Leader, we need to accelerate for a while. The other two convoys should not have gone too far. We have Xie Feng’s detectors ahead scouting the way,” communicated Yu Jin through the intercom.

Although long-distance communication was not feasible, short-range communication within a few hundred meters was possible, although it could still be subject to interference.

Moreover, Gu Langu was not someone who liked to chat, so short-distance communication was mainly used for notifications.

As for Xie Feng, he hadn’t joined Yu Jin and Nan Ge’s car in the afternoon but rather buried himself in the RV for research. It all started when he saw the flowerpots planted by Shu Shuishui.

On Cang Zhan Star, some people had considered using technology for cultivation, but unfortunately, most technological methods relied on energy stones for support. The extreme cold on Cang Zhan Star led to significant energy stone consumption, making it an uneconomical approach.

Solar energy utilization was hindered by the perpetual blizzards that blocked out the sun.

Wind energy utilization, too, suffered as nothing could withstand the ravages of a blizzard. Large-scale cultivation using technology became impractical and was eventually abandoned.

However, upon seeing Shu Shuishui’s small farm, Xie Feng had an epiphany. While he might not fully understand effective methods to resist low temperatures, he could further improve Shu Shuishui’s successful farm through modifications.

He could adjust the lighting and temperature, significantly reducing energy stone consumption, which could potentially boost the productivity of the small farm significantly.

Of course, these were just Xie Feng’s speculations for now; practical implementation would require experimentation. Xie Feng searched through his RV for quite some time until he found a few top-tier energy stones. He planned to exchange them with Shu Shuishui for another small farm during the night.

With Xie Feng in the team, there was no need for Gu Langu to operate the detectors anymore. Actually, Gu Langu was a super-intelligent brain, but he lacked the spirit of exploration and was not very diligent. Compared to Gu Langu, Xie Feng was indeed more practical.

However, both Yu Jin and Nan Ge only thought about it but dared not speak their thoughts out loud.

Thanks to Xie Feng’s detectors leading the way, the convoy’s speed increased significantly. Coupled with the intensifying blizzard, the other two convoys slowed down, and before evening, the three convoys gathered again.

Due to the blizzard, the camping time was earlier than the day before. Although it was not yet evening, the light was already dim and unclear.

The heavy snow hit people’s faces mercilessly, ruthlessly robbing them of their body heat. In such an environment, no one wanted to speak, and they couldn’t even start a campfire.

Everyone hastily set up their tents, trying to find shelter from the storm as quickly as possible. The tents were firmly secured into the frozen ground with ropes capable of supporting several tons of weight, ensuring that the tents would not be blown away by the blizzard.